Going out on Valentine's Day with New Person

tattoobunnie

What is everyone's thoughts on going out on Valentine's Day with someone you've just started seeing?

Is it best to pretend the day doesn't exist...or does pretending it doesn't exist set the vibe for the forward footing of the relationship? For example, maybe 5 or 6 dates, should people expect a date?

What about someone you've only seen once or twice and they ask you out on that day without being all "will you be my valentine" but just making it sound like a regular date and they happen to get you flowers but don't make a big deal about it (so they did it just cause it's a coincidence you guys are going out on Valentine's day)?

What about someone you've only seen once or twice and they ask you out on that day without being all "will you be my valentine" but just making it sound like a regular date and they happen to get you flowers but don't make a big deal about it (so they did it just cause it's a coincidence you guys are going out on Valentine's day)?

Sounds fine to me.

I went on a fifth date once for vday - and we had seen each other two days earlier (v-day was on a monday that year) - he called me last minute to say that he realized we should see each other for v-day - he chose a restaurant near his apartment and i assumed he would invite me up (I had declined to go to his place two days earlier because it was very late and I just wasn't ready and didn't like the impression it would give to go upstairs at midnight).

He took me for a romantic dinner, told me I looked amazing and didn't invite me up which was odd. the next week we had our last date and the date itself was distant/cold. oh well.

I also went on a first date on v-day - he gave me M&Ms and a single rose which I thought was really sweet. we went out a few more times.

I think it's fine as long as you don't have high expectations about the evening.

What about asking a girl out for the first time for a V-day's dinner? I might do that, seeing as I suspect I won't still be talking to the girl I've already gone out with next week (or this week for that matter), lol. Would a rose still be in order just cause of the day, or would it be too much?

Archived