Everything they ever wanted...

All-

If your ex-partner indicates that they have everything they ever wanted but at the worst time in their life, what could that mean?

I have our son this week and she put this on her Facebook (I know. I am cutting back how often I look at it).

We've setup the plan for her moving, etc.. and it's mostly when I'm not there. Our interactions are via email for the most part.

She's been hanging out with the guys from that other webboard and I'm pretty sure what she's been doing. She'll do that even during the weeks she has our son (i.e. she'll have someone babysit our son and go out to party/hangout, etc..).

As for me, my head knows this is the right way to go. My heart hurts a bit right now but is mending and I'm keeping busy. I definitely don't miss the drinking/anger episodes and the uncertainty when I'd come home, etc..

Anyway - just wanted to know what that could mean.

Thanks,

Just Tired

It could mean that she's discovering that everything she thought she ever wanted isn't what's going to bring her happiness.

Maybe she's realizing that she wanted the wrong things

But that doesn't necessarily mean that you were, in fact, the right thing...

But maybe the grass isn't as green as she thought it was...

But does it really matter to you? The real question is, do you have what you want in life? If not, what are you doing about that today?

Don't worry about what she's doing, worry about what YOU'RE doing.

It could mean that she's discovering that everything she thought she ever wanted isn't what's going to bring her happiness.

Maybe she's realizing that she wanted the wrong things

But that doesn't necessarily mean that you were, in fact, the right thing...

But maybe the grass isn't as green as she thought it was...

But does it really matter to you? The real question is, do you have what you want in life? If not, what are you doing about that today?

Don't worry about what she's doing, worry about what YOU'RE doing.

Hi FE-

I took it more the other way. She's happy now with everything in her life and indicating that me and our son were probably not her best choices (i.e. wrong things).

I know you're right about not letting it matter to me. Each day I'm growing stronger. Do I have what I want in life? With my son, yes. With the things I pursue, yes. Still, like I said, my heart hurts a bit. I know it wasn't healthy though and like most going through a breakup, I'm just processing it.

I do know that the path in my life that I am on right now is the correct path. I continue to push myself and work through the trials but I know that in the long-term, it'll be worth it. I think we discovered that she, while thinking she wanted my path, eventually we concluded that we just didn't want the same things.

I know she loves our son but I don't know that she really was ready to be a mother.

Just Tired

Archived