Why Do I Still Cry About It?

She cheated on me and lied to me on at least five separate occasions, she was a *profane* and a *profane*, and she finally told me to get the hell out of her life in OCTOBER. HOW long ago was that? And yet I STILL cry myself to sleep most nights, I STILL sometimes drink myself to bed as well, I STILL can't look at another couple without feeling vengeful envy... how long will this go on for? I can't take much more of this pain...

Try to focus on the crappy things she did to you rather than on how much you miss her. Why not write out a list of all the horrible things she did and instead of drinking before you go to bed, read that list and remind yourself that she would have continued to make your life hell had she still been in your life. It is a blessing in disguise that she dumped you...she is not worth your tears.

you're 17. Did she take your virginity? If yes, that's a massive pain. I was obsessing for months, and it was only a one night stand with someone I barely knew. The only way to get over that pain, is to realize you can be close with someone else, which involves a massive effort to get someone else on your part. I don't mean physically, but emotionally.

you're 17. Did she take your virginity? If yes, that's a massive pain. I was obsessing for months, and it was only a one night stand with someone I barely knew. The only way to get over that pain, is to realize you can be close with someone else, which involves a massive effort to get someone else on your part. I don't mean physically, but emotionally.

No, it was worse... she kept telling me she WOULD, then turned around and did for three other guys (she's 14 btw - well 15 now) before telling me to get the hell out of her life....

So sorry to hear that you are going through this. She is no good for you. Tell yourself that often and especially remind yourself of the bad things that she did to you when you are reminising on the old memories. That helps me a little bit. I know that drinking numbs the pain a little bit but only for the time being...alcohol is a downer and will make you feel worse after the buzz fades away. I know this becuase I did that for many months. She is not worth it. Cheaters are NOT worth anything..they are simply dirt. Come on here when you are feeling down instead, have this place for comfort. There are many of us going through the same thing so your not alone. Take this time to find yourself, discover what you want in the next relationship and what to avoid. You are now a smarter, stronger person even though it doesnt appear like it at the moment. You will find someone that makes you so much happier and will treat you how you deserve. Hang in there ok? Take care.

Archived