Ex contacting me - what do I say?

gundr1kr

He's being a typical guy. You are overthinking it. Not cocky or arrogant. Of course, it is also typical for us to think that a month would be enough time. He's missing you though. Guys don't say stuff like that unless they are panicked and trying to show they are caring, trying to re-kindle romantic feelings. Just my two cents.

He's being a typical guy. You are overthinking it. Not cocky or arrogant. Of course, it is also typical for us to think that a month would be enough time. He's missing you though. Guys don't say stuff like that unless they are panicked and trying to show they are caring, trying to re-kindle romantic feelings. Just my two cents.

Really? It is typical for a guy to think that a month is long enough to get over a relationship?

OK...I guess I was wrong. You think he is missing me? Do you it possible that he is just missing me as a friend though?

Im not sure what he may be thinking. You should just ask him when the time is right. On another note, I replied to me ex's holiday message today. I figured i might as well. Just simple. "Thank you for the greeting, sorry about the late response"

Yeah I guess you are right. Since I told him not to contact me, I havent heard from him. I think I am moving on. I am realizing how wrong it is to miss someone that has treated you this way....

Maybe some day I will ask him but not now.

When did you get the holiday message? That was a good response though because it was short and simple. What made you respond to the message?

Interesting. I just found out today that she moved into her parents place for a while. (They went away on a long trip for a year) Apparently, she's pretty upset about it. When i found out, I felt an odd sense of excitement as well as a real sense of caring. I don't want her to hurt. Anyway, We shall see if she responds.

Interesting. I just found out today that she moved into her parents place for a while. (They went away on a long trip for a year) Apparently, she's pretty upset about it. When i found out, I felt an odd sense of excitement as well as a real sense of caring. I don't want her to hurt. Anyway, We shall see if she responds.

I am a little confused. How do you know this? Are you still talking to her? What is she upset about - her parents going away for a year???

How long has it been since you responded?

Since I told my ex I needed space, he hasnt contacted me which has actually been a relief.

Kundr1kr

After reading your post I realized that i'm in a similar situation with your ex. I know you posted so you could get answers but I wanted ask you for advice.

I dated my ex for three years. We broke up, I moved away, then 8 months later moved back. Since I moved me back we've had a lot of contact, phone calls, she invited me to her company christmas party - then asked if she was going to come to mine, dinner, afternoons at the dog park, me staying at her place b/c she felt scared, taking her to concerts, fixing stuff at the apartment, cooking dinner for after she got fired, coming to help her with a flat tire, etc. On the day of the flat tire she told me she wanted no contact, despite the fact that I we were having dinner the next day.

Oh-- I forgot to mention that she is in a relationship. Essentially, I was happily doing all the boyfriend leg-work for her f--king boyfriend. I can see now that was providing all the emotional support. I was happy to do it because I wasn't dating anyone. She knew/knows that I'll wait around for her.

She says that she's moved on, but I'm having a real hard time believing her. From your perspective, is it best to do no contact or little contact (phone call -- weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, never???) I was going to send some flowers, but think that is a bad move -- do you concur??

Any advice????

Hi Prisoner -

As you know I was asking advice because I didnt know what to do in the same situation that you are in. I will give you my advice but I am in the same situation and I dont know how much it will work in your situation.

My ex has CONTINUED to contact me even after I have told him five times that I didnt want him to contact me. As of late, I have completely dropped off the face of the earth to him because when he sends me emails, I delete them with no response and when he sends text messages I deleted the as well with no response. He contiues to contact me but never says he wants to get back together with me (at this point I wouldnt take him back anyway).

I personally believe that you need to go no contact with your ex. This is just based on my previous experiences. I believe you ex is taking you for granted. She knows you will be there, even when she is in a relationship with someone else. SERIOUSLY. Dont let her walk away.

You can have no contact with her still knowing right now that you want to be with her. I personally believe that until they come to you and distinctly say that they want to retry things with you, you should continue to have no contact. I believe you will have respect for yourself and she will have respect for you.

So yes, I would say dont call, dont answer and certainly dont send flowers.

Archived