Setback/brusied ego.

liquer

I need some advice on how to get over this.

How do you grow after a personal setback where your ego had been bruised?

Something horrible happened to me in my line of work which left me feeling humiliated and angry over it and I just feel really depressed over it.

I’m a plumber and what happened to me was to teach me a lesson and to make me a better person but I just found it so upsetting.

How do you pick yourself up after such a setback?

One of the worst things you can do is react in a negative way. If a group of people know that their intention to humilate you has worked, and you react, it just draws it out.

Try and brush it aside if you can. They'll soon move on when they see you don't react.

One of the worst things you can do is react in a negative way. If a group of people know that their intention to humilate you has worked, and you react, it just draws it out.

Try and brush it aside if you can. They'll soon move on when they see you don't react.

Well, I agree to a point. It depends on the situation...are the people really trying to teach you something or were they trying to sabotage something you did or backstab you to get the glory for themselves? In the latter cases where there are self-serving ulterior motives on their part, I would write a letter to the boss stating that these people overstepped their bounds.

counseling really helped me with a bad work situation i was in..... perhaps it could help you in your situation. sorry to hear you are having problems -- hope things improve for you soon.

Thanks for the offer, really appreciate it. I hope they improve for me to.

Archived