Just friends? Can it happen? Your thoughts...

Can you really be 'JUST FRIENDS' shortly after a break up? For a long ime I thought it was possible....but I am beginning to think differently. We have been broken up for nearly 2 months. We have hung out a couple times. And those couple times were great, but now she seems to be interested in other guys etc. And seeing her facebook picture (her snuggling up to another guy) hurts like HELL. Do you deal with the hurst to be 'just friends?'

I don't know about you guys, but I am addicted to this girl. I need my fix of seeing her....even if we are just friends.

What do ya do!?

Can you really be 'JUST FRIENDS' shortly after a break up? For a long ime I thought it was possible....but I am beginning to think differently. We have been broken up for nearly 2 months. We have hung out a couple times. And those couple times were great, but now she seems to be interested in other guys etc. And seeing her facebook picture (her snuggling up to another guy) hurts like HELL. Do you deal with the hurst to be 'just friends?'

I don't know about you guys, but I am addicted to this girl. I need my fix of seeing her....even if we are just friends.

What do ya do!?

I am friends with most of my exes and in every case it has taken until we were BOTH completely over each other. Usually after we both had dated again. If you try too soon all you will do is end up hurting one another and hurting any chance for future friendship. I know the temptation is there, right now I am wanting to call my recent ex to be friends because I miss talking to her every day but it would be counter productive because we both hurt. I am totally addicted, but need rehab before I can see her again

What do ya do!?

As far as what to do, you have to practice NC for awhile, and reconnect with old friends, make new ones, and just keep busy. It is hard, very hard, but you have a bunch of people here who understand so post often if needed. Take te time you need, even though it hurts like hell. One day you will find you can be friends without the pain but don't rush it.

Hang in there!

Thanks everyone. I was terrible for the first month we broke up, then fine for a couple weeks. Now I am back to hurting. I love this girl like crazy. I always made it a top priority to be with someone who doesn't want to change anything about me. And this is the girl that loves me for exactly who I am. But like a lot of couples on here, we agreed to a 'break.'....not knowing what that will end up to entail.

Sometimes I wonder if you can reestablish a friendship after a breakup where both of you try to be friends and it ends up blowing up and causing one party to quit the friendship in anger.

With the passage of time, can that party be approached and the friendship subject broached again?

Just curious.

Doesn't time heal all wounds?

Depends on the maturity of the other person. Personally, if it were me you had the falling out with I would be open to it. I would write it off anything that happened to the emotion of the breakup and high tension related to it. Its an emotional time, I think reasonable things can be forgiven in hindsight.

Some ppl will hold on to that grudge, some wont.

Archived