Don't want to lose my friend.

Masu16

I'm friends with this girl. Shes 14 and I'm 18. Just friends and we hang out and talk a lot. But her dad and her brother are being jerks about everything and say we cant be friends anymore. They verbally abuse her and stuff and it's so wrong because I just want her to be my friend. We're very close but we don't do anything sexual at all. I dont see why we can't be friends. And since her family doesn't listen to anything she says, its hard for her to get a word in. Her brother is even threatening to fight me, for what reason, I dont know. I havent done anything to make them this way, they just ARE. But we can't just stop being friends. Would I be doing anything illegal by hanging out with her if her dad said she couldnt? Thats mainly what I'm worried about but I can't see how being friends could be illegal. What can they do about it?

Well a 18 year old man and a 14 year old girl just doesnt look good in any scenario. But to answer your question, no its not illegal to hangout with anyone if there isnt sexual intentions. Ex. To catch a predator, they always ask "so why do you have a condom and lube in your pocket" lol.

its not illegal but you should be respectful of an underage girls parents wishes.

i know you are just friends but i too would be very concerened if my 14 year old was spending a lot of time with an 18 year old.

Truth be told, she's better off with me than with some creep from her school. And I dont know how to get that message off to her family.

She may already have family conflicts, but when you put yourself in the middle of it you are making her problems worse. You need to respect her parents wishes. Honestly, when my sister was 14 I would absolutely not want her hanging out with an 18 year old boy. I would see any claims her made of "oh we're just friends; nothing sexual" as absolutely ridiculous. You are legally an adult while she is barely a teenager. You have to see that most reasonable parents would not approve of your friendship.

If you still want to keep her as a friend, you're going to have to communicate by email or just at school for the next few years until she is 17 or 18.

Truth be told, she's better off with me than with some creep from her school. And I dont know how to get that message off to her family.

you may feel that way, that may be true, but you are speaking like a silly teen, not an adult.

she is 14. what you think is best for her doesnt matter. her parents make those calls for her and you must respect that.

i think you are best with an online/phone friendship for now.

and i think you know that she is too young for you to be spending time with her by your last thread...

you may feel that way, that may be true, but you are speaking like a silly teen, not an adult.

she is 14. what you think is best for her doesnt matter. her parents make those calls for her and you must respect that.

i think you are best with an online/phone friendship for now.

and i think you know that she is too young for you to be spending time with her by your last thread...

Her parents are full of it and literally dont care about her at all. You people think I'm joking but her dad and her brother are like psycho and make her miserable on purpose and she trusts me more than anyone. The things she tells me makes me sick to think that a person's parents would actually do that and I'm the only person she tells and I understand her. So keep saying things about our age, thats only half of the problem. She almost wanted to kill herself but I dont even want to talk about it. And im the only person she told that to. Yep I'm an adult and shes a silly teenager, that doesnt explain why were better friends than anyone else I know. What can she do about her family without getting in trouble.

Archived