Feeling the urge to break NC.

I am feeling a semi-strong urge right now to call my ex or email her.

I feel like I made alot of mistakes in this relationship, and I've working hard for the past few months on myself through reading, journaling, and counseling. I ask myself if I should give it yet another try.

We've broken up several times already, so this is certainly not a reason to do it again. Perhaps we were just incompatible.

I thought it better to post here instead of going through with it.

Why do you put it in quotes?

You said you made mistakes.

Just b/c you made mistakes in the relationship doesn't mean that you shoudl go back to someone toxic to you. You learn from the mistakes, try not to make them again, and move forward, not backward.

You know what helps....just putting on some music. I'm a metal head, and strange as it may be, a dose of some metal helps to soothe. When I was in college, I remember being able to fall asleep to Disturbed and Metallica. People probably thought I was nuts. lol.

I actually have on the song that's in my sig. Wonder if anyone knows it. The lyrics below make me think of my ex.

You know what helps....just putting on some music. I'm a metal head, and strange as it may be, a dose of some metal helps to soothe. When I was in college, I remember being able to fall asleep to Disturbed and Metallica. People probably thought I was nuts. lol.

whatever works for you!!

Its so tough those nights when you just want to hear your exs voice but you know it never gets a good response.

Keep to the NC, when you have gone long enough and you are away from all the panic and urges of contacting her then let yourself respond to her calls but don't do it yourself.

Everytime I have broke NC I have regretted it. My ex may be sorry and can say all the words in the world but hes still not by my side trying to make it work.

Don't give give give because there are a lot of people out there who will take take take.

We are all here for you and understand how much pain you are in just hang in there.

How long have you been split up and in NC?

Its so tough those nights when you just want to hear your exs voice but you know it never gets a good response.

Keep to the NC, when you have gone long enough and you are away from all the panic and urges of contacting her then let yourself respond to her calls but don't do it yourself.

Everytime I have broke NC I have regretted it. My ex may be sorry and can say all the words in the world but hes still not by my side trying to make it work.

Don't give give give because there are a lot of people out there who will take take take.

We are all here for you and understand how much pain you are in just hang in there.

How long have you been split up and in NC?

about 3 weeks

Do you ever listen to The Red Chord? I haven't in awhile, but their song Dreaming in Dog Years used to literally kind of make me feel powerful when I listened to it. Taken out of context, it isn't very inspirational when it comes to getting over a break up, but if you imagine singing it to your ex as if she is the * * * * tiest person in the world it is amusing.

Maybe if you wrote out what you would want to say here, instead of in an actual email, you'd feel like you don't need to send her one anymore. I don't think you'll break NC because you know you're better off not.

You know what I don't get - why now, why today?

I have a few girls who are interested in me, so it's like, why am I even considering the ex????

I'm meeting with a friend for coffee tonight. That should help to take my mind off this, I hope.

franfran, there are so many things I would like to tell her....

You know what I don't get - why now, why today?

I have a few girls who are interested in me, so it's like, why am I even considering the ex????

I'm meeting with a friend for coffee tonight. That should help to take my mind off this, I hope.

franfran, there are so many things I would like to tell her....

Because healing is not a linear process NPG. Today you wanna talk to her...tomorrow you might not even give her a thought.See how you feel tomorrow...

it's kind of an uber-speed hardcore. I don't like it all but there's this song - Rotten Sound's "Time" - that is really helping me. Whenever I start having thoughts such as "What is my Ex doing right now....?" I play it loud and the next thing I think is "SCREW HER! I'ma destroy the world!!!"

it's kind of an uber-speed hardcore. I don't like it all but there's this song - Rotten Sound's "Time" - that is really helping me. Whenever I start having thoughts such as "What is my Ex doing right now....?" I play it loud and the next thing I think is "SCREW HER! I'ma destroy the world!!!"

Woah, I found them on iTunes. This is some some hardcore stuff, man. LOL.

Archived