How would you describe love?

forever1130

• 2 years later...

Oh, and, I don't think you can be too young to be in love. Love doesn't discriminate

Sometimes I wonder if i'm in love with my boyfriend, although most people I know say young people don't really know that they're in love, they just think they are.

Reading your commen completely changed my opinion of age and love in a matter of seconds.

your right, its not the age that matters, but the souls and how they match together.

Love to me is that sense of completion - finding that missing puzzle piece. Such a strong emotion that it can change who you are. Such a strong emotion that when you lose it it's the worse feeling in the world. The greatest, most addictive drug in the world that everyone searches for whether they realize it or not. A drug that some people unfortunately never find. A double edged sword that you know can completely destroy you, but just experiencing that feeling makes the risk worth wild.

• 1 year later...

adulation, affection, allegiance, amity, amorousness, amour, appreciation, ardency, ardor, attachment, case, cherishing, crush, delight, devotedness, devotion, emotion, enchantment, enjoyment, fervor, fidelity, flame, fondness, friendship, hankering, idolatry, inclination, infatuation, involvement, like, lust, mad for, partiality, passion, piety, rapture, regard, relish, respect, sentiment, soft spot, taste, tenderness, weakness, worship, yearning, zeal , that heart stopping, pounding, hot, warm, crazy, insane, unstoppable feeling. When another person gives that moment where its like breathing for the first time even tho they take your breath away. when someone elses happiness is your own. when just being around them makes you feel like your on top of the world and nothing can bring you down. to me thats love. and when i'm with her, thats exactly what i feel.

Love...hmm, well I think all the heart skipping and needing to be in each others company incessantly definitely is not it.

Love IMO is a shared understanding, appreciation, respect, approval, trust, reassurance, validation, encouragement, caring, devotion and acceptance of each other.

I think without these it'd be a pretty soulless relationship. Some of the attributes above (after some reading) are more (not all) confined to either gender. For example, a guys idea of love would be more about feeling trusted, appreciated, accepted and encouraged yet a woman's would be more about feeling understood, validated, respected and reassured.

Normally this kind of love is like an old vintage wine. Needs time to mature.

Love doesn't happen fast. Infatuation and lust does though.

• 11 months later...

LOVE OF TRUE LOVERS WILL NOT NEED ANY DEFINITION, DESCRIPTION, OR EXPLANATION IT JUST IS

You don't find love,
let love find you.
That's why it's called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. There is a huge difference between loving someone and being
in love
. Most of these comments describe love: Which (I believe) you can and should love many people. One to quote: John Lennon, "All You Need Is Love"

To be IN LOVE well...

• If you have to ask yourself — your not in love.
  • When your with them and subconsciously without thought there is NO other place you'd rather be than in their company — your in love
  • If your hoping they will change/ stop doing that thing you dont like — your not in love
  • If your excited to see what changes you both go through and know you'll love them more for each one — your in love
  • If anyone tells you that you are not in love with this one we are speaking of and you can just smile & walk away — your in love for you know in your heart that it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks because you and your significant other is all that matters in this world.
    **Don't be mistaken though for if for one moment you think to defend your bond than — you are not in love.
  • If you fear of falling in love for it (at times) is the hardest and most painful thing you body will feel — your love wont come.
  • If you want to fall in love — your love is not ready to come.
  • If you believe in yourself and have confidence that you can survive this life on your own — your love will barge in on your parade!

Hope this helped. If you want to know more of my own love read on...

*I was lucky enough to find my soul mate. From the first moment we were introduced we have not spent a single day apart in 3 years. When I try to think about the love I feel for this man I cry every time. If I run to the store, come home from work, he comes home from work we still run into each others arms like we've been apart for months rather than a few hours. He is my whole world and I will do anything in my power to make sure he knows that. If we get in an argument we are talking it out within the hour and genuinely apologizing for our wrongs before bed. I never hesitate to say "Hey babe, I love you" so its said 15-20 times a day. He is the most attractive, smartest, funniest, charismatic, egotistical, snooty man I have ever met and I would never dare to change a thing!! I would not hesitate to tell him all my secrets and never keep one from him. If you have read all the way to this point I will tell you one more thing: When you feel your in love with someone LOVE theM with all you have and if they decide your not for them know it is possible to fall in and out of love. Never hold back. Love hard, Love true, & don't forget to show love to all.

~Faye

I think there are different forms of love. So far, I can distinguish three forms of love:

1) passionate love - the being "in love" feeling, honeymoon phase - two people are passionate about each other, want to share and spend all their time together, explore together - I think this step is what most people refer to when they talk about sparks and weak knees

2) affectionate love - when the passionate love simmers down into something less exciting, but more intimate, more tender, more affectionate, more comfortable

3) compassionate/committed love - when two people have experienced distress or conflict and have made the conscious decision to stay committed and accept each other flaws and all and think in terms of we instead of me and try to take the others perspectives or view each other with compassion and understanding - I think this step is what most people refer to when they talk about putting others before oneself or sacrificing for the other

That's why I believe love is both a feeling and an action. That you feel love for your partner, but also choose to love your partner and take action to nurture the relationship when there are bumps or times of doubt and distress.

Archived