need help and advice - bf has obsessive friend

water_baby

hello

i need some help.

my bfs friend appears to be ...how can i put this ..obessed with him. i wouldnt mind too much but as a result he hates me and is very rude.

i havent really said much to my bf about it because they have been friends for a long time.

i have let so many things slide but this weekend he called me a and was getting really angry with me. i know it is not that relevent but he is a heavy drug user and a all round dodgy character. when i spoke to him he told me a few things that rang alarm bells...the following

- "i used to love pete doherty until i met your bf"

- "i idolise him"

- "i love him more than my gf"

this coupled with him starring at him constantly, getting very jealous of me being with him. i dont really know how to handle him.

my bf is aware that he seems quite needy and jealous of him but he doesnt know to what extent.

how should i handle this

he called me a name because i said i was going to go sit with my bf now because i had left him on his own for awhile. he made a comment about how i didnt suit something (something random) so i walked away from him. he is just very

argumentative for me to even have a conversation with me.

i dont want to offend my bf or suggest that this guy fancies him but thats how he acts. he has a gf but its just hard to explain. my bf is in a band and when he last performed i was there and thsi guy said "dont get a big head, he can get any girl he wants"...out of the blue

i fear that if i say something they will stop being friends...

yeah, you are all right.

i just dont want to be that girl ...you know

the one that comes between two best friends.

Well, there is a difference between coming between two friends and his friend being outright hostile and nasty to you. If he's a good boyfriend he will put his friend in his place and tell him the way he is acting is uncalled for.

Archived