Photography thread

floating_away

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. I'm currently lusting after a 70-200 mm f/2.8L lens and a telephoto extender to go with it to give me some reach out to over 400 mm. The 70-200 either with f/2.8L or f/4L is one of the best lenses Canon has to offer imo. I think my next lens, whenever I can afford one, will be a telephoto since I'm finding that with my 28-135 I'm often shooting at the far end, at the very least 100 mm.

Portraits sound fun--I need to invest in an external flash unit and get going on other aspects of photography, though I do love natural lighting.

I was looking at the f/2.8L but also see Sigma's same 70-200 f2.8 is $715 @ B&H...I need another 580EXII flash so I might go this route. I love the bokeh with these telephoto lens!

image removed

That's a great sports shot! It would have been perfect if the players were in focus.

Thanks!

They're actually in focus in the original file, but I decided to play with the radial blur filter in photoshop trying just to keep the ball and the two players arms in focus.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone mind telling me what's up with these photos? I took them with 1/4 shutter speed yet I can see 1 bright moon + another darker moon showing how far its moved in that 1/4 of a second. I can understand the the darker moon and showing how far its moved but what's with the brighter moon? It's quite far away from the darker moon and has no movement trail.

Now it's in the right thread... ;p

link removed

link removed

link removed

link removed