Girl cancels plans for movie night. Is she not interested anymore?

RaceTheDream

Tonight I was supposed to go over to a girl's house to watch movies. She had plans with some friends earlier today and said she'd call me at a certain time when she was done. She ended up calling me an hour late and then canceled our plans because she said she had to get up early for work. On the bright side she did offer to reschedule for sometime later this week. She told me she'd call or text me sometime.

I'm kind of hurt because I really like this girl and I'm getting the feeling she's not that interested. I was thinking about her all day and I couldn't wait, and now I'm really disappointed. Here's a little background info:

-She's been flirting with me for about a year now, even though I was in a long distance relationship with someone else. About a month ago she (in so many words) admitted to liking me.

-I broke up with my girlfriend a month ago and am not hung up on her at all, and I think I've made that clear to her. Maybe she's worried about being a rebound or something.

-I saw her last night and we talked and flirted a lot. It was obvious we were both really in to each other I think. That's when we made the plans to go to her house for movies tonight.

-I've known her for over a year, but usually only see her at parties. She is sort of in my circle of friends. We'll definitely be running into each other again so it'll be awkward if she ends up blowing me off completely.

I guess I'm just confused. She's made it obvious that she likes me for almost a year now, and now that it's looking like something will finally happen between us, this happens. I guess what I'm asking is should I still keep my hopes up for this girl?

Ive been doing a little internet reading on people who cancel dates last minute. From what I've found it seems like she her interest in me isn't as high as mine for her. If she was really interested in me, she would call on time, and not cancel dates. For her to call me late and cancel last minute, it shows that she doesn't value me or my time enough to be courtious.

I mean if I were in her position, I would have texted her to let her know I was running late, and even if I knew I wasn't going to get much sleep by going on the date, I'd bite the bullet and follow through anyway. Why risk making the person you like mad at you by canceling. It wasn't even like she had an emergency. We scheduled the date for tonight, if she knew she had to get up early tomorrow, why would she have agreed to this in the first place.

Someone with a high interest level can't wait to see their date and wouldn't dream of calling late and canceling last minute in my opinion.

I'm wondering if I should give her a second chance at all. I was looking forward to seeing her for the last three weeks, and I've been thinking about this date all day. I think I need to show some respect for myself and show her my time is valuable.

Sometimes playing the hard to get, cool guy card can result in her losing interest.

It's fine line - a balancing act really. Be interested in her but let her understand that you won't be shattered if it doesn't work out and that there are always other options in your life. Confident, secure and your own man, that is that way, I feel, is the best.

Ive been doing a little internet reading on people who cancel dates last minute. From what I've found it seems like she her interest in me isn't as high as mine for her. If she was really interested in me, she would call on time, and not cancel dates. For her to call me late and cancel last minute, it shows that she doesn't value me or my time enough to be courtious.

That's not true my man! It doesn't have to mean that AT ALL. Maybe she just genuinely was tired and wanted an early night, or something like that. That doesn't have to mean she is less interested in you, than what you are in her. Give her a chance, and don't jump to such far away conclusions.

It's fine line - a balancing act really. Be interested in her but let her understand that you won't be shattered if it doesn't work out and that there are always other options in your life. Confident, secure and your own man, that is that way, I feel, is the best.

And I'd agree with this too.

Good luck.

Archived