i want to just get away...

jessica_girl

I want to leave...and get away..it feels like i could just die and no one care... the only reason i dont kill myself now is because of my family and how they 'might' suffer...my little sister especially...she is 4...and like 2 of my friends...

I need help because if i dont get it soon ill be dead before my life even starts......................

i have thought about a therapist many of times but my parents would be the people i would have to ask...seeing as im 14...but i cant tell them how i feel because it will only cause trouble for me at home...well more than there already is...i just dont know what to do or who to turn to.........

The hotlines are anonymous as far as I know. At least start there and talk to someone. I am close to where you are right now, so I know how you are feeling. I lost my sister to suicide nearly 6 years ago and I would not wish that on my worst enemy. The pain is still fresh. Please reach out to some hotline or PM me if you need to.

yes i think the hotlines are anonymous as far as i know too. you could even call the kids help phone and talk to a counsellor right away and they will help you about anything.

you have your whole life ahead of you, don't choose suicide as a way out, talk to someone right away so you can start feeling better

Does your school have anything to offer?

Thats where I started when I was a teen and going through depression and suicidal thoughts. I was set up with some great people there and was kept completely separate from my family for several months, until I gave the go-ahead for them to be informed.

What about a teacher? I confided in a teacher I was especially close with, and helped me through it.

But really though, you do need help. Thats the bottom line. I ripped apart my family when I came clean, but I am so glad I did. Things were rough, but it was so worth it to have my life back and to be healthy again.

You could tell your doctor and it would be completely confidential age doesnt matter HIPPA (federal laws) dont allow that information to be disclosed. You can always tell a school counselor and stress how afraid you are of telling your parents. Every school has advocates who are trained to help, hun, there is always help there for you.

• 3 months later...

Im in counsiling. It doesnt matter. I am affraid. Im not sure of what, but I know im affraid. It scares me to be affraid and i hate it. I want to just leave for a while. Maybe i could just run away, leave my town and stay gone for a day. Stay gone for a week a month or maybe even more. Maybe id get a call from someone in my family saying that they miss me, and that maybe they want me home.

Maybe just maybe thats what it would take for me to not have to be gone for good.

I tried to kill myself.

Ended up in hospital.

Everything you want to write in that final letter.

Go say it to the people instead.

Yes there will be tears but there will be smiles they roll over.

You'll find emotions you didnt realise others had.

All the best. x

Archived