List of all the different emotions

qualia

Does anyone have or can point to a list of all the different, unique, special, singular, distinct and ineffable range and continuum of feelings, emotions, sensations, pleasures, moods, attitudes, and experiences of humanity? In addition it would be much preferred if the list set to define, enumerate, qualitate, quantitate, categorize, list, prioritize, and hierarchize these different "what it is likeness" of epiphenomenon and meta-conscious macro canonical qualia essenses both ideal, existential, abstract platonic, and real.

I only understood about 75% of what you just said, (you lost me at epiphanomenon), but to be honest, I think your chances are pretty damn slim...

How are you supposed to quantify and rank emotions? What are you using as a unit of measurement? Whose definitions are you using? What makes any one emotion rank more highly than another - happiness? strength? Even with all thse questions answered, who would be capable of compiling such a list? You really think you'll find an excel spreadsheet ranking each of the dozens of emotions on each of their component attributes, many of which are unable to be isolated, let alone described in the english language?

Don't get me wrong, that was a very grammatically impressive question, but a bit poorly thought out, given the group you are posing the request to - you need a philosopher.

*EDIT* What you are asking for may not be impossible, but very difficult to find, and certainly any list won't be complete (why don't you try and heirarchise a table, communism and happiness? It's not exactly... easy)...

Does anyone have or can point to a list of all the different, unique, special, singular, distinct and ineffable range and continuum of feelings, emotions, sensations, pleasures, moods, attitudes, and experiences of humanity? In addition it would be much preferred if the list set to define, enumerate, qualitate, quantitate, categorize, list, prioritize, and hierarchize these different "what it is likeness" of epiphenomenon and meta-conscious macro canonical qualia essenses both ideal, existential, abstract platonic, and real.
link removed

Even if/when we come to a final grand theory of everything (holy grail of science) and we master and refine the facts and theories of Evolutionary Darwinism and solve and explain some of the deepest mysterious of life and existence (such as the mind body problem, the "hard problem of consciousness", etc etc) we will still have a problem with:

Understanding, realizing and coming to terms and making peace with our self's. Inner conflict, confusion, strife and turmoil runs amok within the deep subconscious aspects of our dynamic multifaceted holographic beings ...

As just one small example of the countless others;

We seek LOVE, and yet we need and desire LUST. Comparing LOVE to LUST is like comparing day to night, light to darkness, oranges to apples.. Existentially speaking the qualia of LOVE and LUST are just a phase shift away from each other, different side of the one same coin, differing expressions and manifestation of the one same overlay and underlying principle: survival and reproduction (again survival..) However from a qualia and "experience of what it is likeness" point of view the sensation of pure LOVE and raw LUST are belong in two different worlds, realms and domain and categorically different with no mutual intersection or overlap.

Just look at all the couples that claim to be in love and then fall in lust with someone else and ruin and stain the "perfect" relationship... How much should we allocate our focus to one qualia and not the other? If you are in love do you allow yourself to look at and enjoy the BEAUTY (another canonical high level macro qualia) of the opposite gender or look away because of guilt? And where does this guilt come from? Societal expectations? Or your own conscious? That you are straying away from your partner if only in the heart/mind? Why do we build these artificial demarcations, create and prop up these analytical overlays and titles like husband/wife/bf/gf just to ripe them way and tear them down by becoming carnal and surrendering to passion/lust/desire/wanton need for sex every once in a way? Or does the experience of conflict and regret and guilt run parallel to the chemical reactions that created them due to the laws of evolutionary Darwinism? Or perhaps our high level brain functions are in natural conflict with our lower level (direct basic needs) and they fight each other out in the epic "struggle of existence" as we define and redefine "who we really are" depending in fact merely on genetics, environment and interactions? There is no free will that is for sure...

If we have one true mission, that mission/goal is to LIVE and LIFE itself... Everything (other emotions, purposes, etc) else is just going along with the ride, a convenient side effect (albeit sometimes pleasant one at that) and byproduct of the gears of life itself...

Having understood the biological aspect of functional point of view of life, and the top down perspective and reality of the omnium multiverses (if only yet in a piecewise way accross multiple restrictive domains)

Life is full of conflict, of ambiguity and vagueness, of strife and confusion, of loss and bereavement and sacrifice and regrets... I just want to understand it all, so I can transcend this and finally find some real clarity and peace.

We seek LOVE, and yet we need and desire LUST. Comparing LOVE to LUST is like comparing day to night, light to darkness, oranges to apples.. Existentially speaking the qualia of LOVE and LUST are just a phase shift away from each other, different side of the one same coin, differing expressions and manifestation of the one same overlay and underlying principle: survival and reproduction (again survival..)

That's inconsistent, you're trying to put two very different differences into the same basket there - polar opposites (bold), and mere basic/phase differences (italics)

hi, i reckon you are a capricorn just like me because i red an interesting thing today that we are constantly trying to know all the answers

however i don't agree with your point of view....for a few year now i'm inlove with this girl and the fact that i'm constantly jerking off on pictures with ANOTHER girl at work (and sometimes at work i want to have sex with her so bad i can't breath normally) doesn't change anything, love is love and it will always be more than lust....i could move at a different office any day with no regrets and maybe i would find another nice girl there to 'fall in lust' with, in my heart one girl remains, the one i trully love

cheers

hi, i reckon you are a capricorn just like me because i red an interesting thing today that we are constantly trying to know all the answers

however i don't agree with your point of view....for a few year now i'm inlove with this girl and the fact that i'm constantly jerking off on pictures with this girl at work (and sometimes at work i want to have sex with her so bad i can't breath normally) doesn't change anything, love is love and it will always be more than lust....i could move at a different office any day with no regrets and maybe i would find another nice girl there to 'fall in lust' with, in my heart one girl remains, the one i trully love

cheers

... Ok, that makes me sixteen different kinds of uncomfortable, so I'll just say this...

Seriously, dude, you're not in love with this girl - love implies respect, and saying that you've been spreading your man-jam on photos of her kinda... it doesn't give really imply respect now, does it?..

however i don't agree with your point of view....for a few year now i'm inlove with this girl* and the fact that i'm constantly jerking off on pictures with this girl at work** (and sometimes at work i want to have sex with her so bad i can't breath normally) doesn't change anything, love is love and it will always be more than lust....i could move at a different office any day with no regrets and maybe i would find another nice girl there to 'fall in lust' with, in my heart one girl remains, the one i trully love

cheers

* first girl - the girl i love

** a different girl - colleague from work, I'm not ashamed for what i do with her pictures, this is lust, i consider it to be natural, i'm biologically attracted to her although i don't see eeachother together ... i think many people are in this situation (down inside i think we are like dogs, we see a female we like, we want to have sex with her, lucky for us humans we also have love so spending the rest of our life with only one person by our side can make sense)

oh, and i don't get this respect thing when it comes to love ... i think this is what the person that never felt real love thinks is all about ... and i don't mean to be rood

oh, and i don't get this respect thing when it comes to love ... i think this is what the person that never felt real love thinks is all about ... and i don't mean to be rood

you don't think your love deserves respect?

Don't get me wrong, sex was made to be kinky, but mazzing on some girls photo I think isn't really covered under that if she doesn't know you're doing it.

](*,) it was about another girl than the one i said i love, are you paying attention to what i'm saying or you are just one of those guys who posts on forums looking to start stupid discussions???

When you love someone the respect comes natural you don't have to think about it (of course you'll respect that person because she has you life in her hands just like you have hers) .... in fact respect should be for everybody around you, and i do mean everybody ... if you have respect issues, i advice you search for a 'respect' dedicated forum, here we talk about something more than that

PS: now, we are not allowed to satisfy ourselves looking at pictures of girls?

Archived