Can somebody help me out here with the age of consent in illinois...

MrMango

Alright I bring this up because I do know a 17 year old girl that could be come a possible prospect. Im not dating her and havent done anything physical with this girl yet, but im just exploring this just incase an opportunity ever arrises.

I googled this first ofcourse, but I cant exactly tell which is true, or if their all true, but are just listed seperatly...

Out of a bunch of google results I checked, it shows in illinois that the age of consent is 17. Now a lot of the sites just say simply that, 17 with no details. Another site says...17 unless the person is in authority (ie: teacher, coach) then it becomes 18. And finally another site says It is illegal to have sex with someone under the age of 18 if you are more than 5 years older than the minor.

Now for the record here, I was born in july of 86, she was born in june of 91. Does that mean we're in the clear reguardless? Am I adding that right to be 4 years and 11 months? :splat:

Im just curious because of the possibility.

btw those following my other thread in the attraction forums that girl is actually 18, and this is someone separate.

Illinois

The age of consent to sexual activity is 17. It is also illegal for a person to commit sexual acts on a person under the age of 18 if he/she has a position of authority or trust over the victim.

^^^ that's from wikipedia, so take it for what it's worth. Looks like legally you are fine

What is with all these posts about "Prospects"? You're over thinking everything, that's a bad mistake! Just forget about analyzing everything, and just do it! Be natural, and progress with the girl as you should. You're over analyzing everything man. It's simple stuff.

If you're that desperate for sex, I don't see why you even care about the age difference. I have a friend who is desperate... he had sex with a 17-year-old, and he's 23. It was so illegal, but he didn't even care. I'm not saying that it's a good idea to do this, but if you're at the point where you're actually counting the months to see if you can legally have sex with this girl, then I'm guessing it's because you can't get anyone who's actually legal.

I'm not sure what my point is, but basically this is a very ridiculous question. Either you should look for someone legal, or you should figure out how to be okay with your life without committing statutory rape.

I can get girls my own age, and have gotten girls up to 3 years older than I am, I just recently have been attracting girls around the 17-19 range because ive been hanging out with my cousin lately who is 18.

And no im not desperate enough for sex to do anything that could be illigal. THATS why im trying to get it clarified.

What is with all these posts about "Prospects"? You're over thinking everything, that's a bad mistake! Just forget about analyzing everything, and just do it! Be natural, and progress with the girl as you should. You're over analyzing everything man. It's simple stuff.

They are a prospect during my qualifying stage. If I determine that I think their datable thats when I become interested and begin the chase.

Archived