said i love you

A few days ago I was in bed at my house with my girlfriend of a few months and I said I love you. It just came out. I didn't mean to say it or mean it. What I meant was, I love the way you are. I do love her, like I love my friends and people I'm close to, but I'm not in love with her. She was like wait, what? It got really awkward and I told her I didn't mean to say it and could we forget it. I probably need to talk about it w/ her right? It came out of nowhere. I am really embarrassed.

I really did not. I'm not ready to say that kind of thing, and if I had meant it I would have had a lot of thought and preparation backing it up, but I didn't. It just came out. I wanted to say "I love the way you are" or " I just want you to be yourself because you're wonderful" something like that, but it came out all wrong... I guess I'll just have to talk to her. It was hard to get out of at the time, we were having a good time, then I said that and the whole mood went out the window.

If I was you I might just let this one slide I don't know if I would keep pushing it. If you sit down and talk with her this one could get real ugly real quick. But you know her and I don't so it is your call. I would just have a hard time sitting down and having a conversation with someone about how I told them I love them but I really don't.

Archived