How many married men wear their ring?

SuzieQQ

For all you guys out there that don't wear your ring, this is why you should - so women looking at you as a potential date will stop looking at you in this way! It is so hard to find a good man - do what you can to make it a little easier on us!!

Sadly, this is how a lot of dishonest people get away with cheating.

A lot of men don't wear their rings all the time, but some take them off for fun. They ruin it for the honest men who just don't like wearing jewelry.

I do think it's important to ask even without seeing a ring.

Never assume.

Unfortuantely, even the prescence of a ring doesn't detour some people.

If a person is committed, they'll be committed, whether they wear their ring or not.

And I find it interesting and little humorous just how relevant a wedding ring is to a lot of people. I do realize the symbolsim they represent and can fathom how some women may get a little rankled by their hubbies never wearing theirs but I can see that more and more people are coming to the realization that depending on the environment a ring can be a hazzard. Where I work, if things get too dangerous I take mine off, but other than showering or washing the dishes my ring is on my hand. My brother in law has King Kong sized hands and he wears his around his neck. He works extensively with his hands at Honda so I believe my SIL would rather he come back home with two hands rather than have him wear his ring.

However I can attest to the points made by SuzieQQ, calidreamin0, Tangi and MS. I also wear my ring to my part time job (at a bar) and in some cases it isn't a deterrent for women whatsoever. Heck I met my wife there and pretty much everyone there knows about it too. The boldest woman to make a pass at me used to work there!!! And I did let her know that I was married.

At the same time, however, there is a guy I work with whose married and doesn't wear a ring whatsoever, I don't even know if he got one. Let's just say that he is married when he's home but single when he's out and leave it at that, okay?

Lots of different ways to look at this issue and I agree wholeheartedly that no ring may not mean mean no LTR.

My husband doesn't wear it around the house, he says it's because he's afraid he might lose it in the shower or when washing his hands. Consequently, he sometimes forgets to put it on before leaving the house. I'm proud to wear mine as a sign that I am married and I think he feels the same.

• 3 years later...

Archived