How many married men wear their ring?

SuzieQQ

Hi, I apologize if this topic has been covered on this site before. I am new here. I met a guy at work that I am kind of interested in. I don't know much about him, he is only a temporary consultant so no one knows him and he won't be around that long. He isn't wearing a ring so I don't know if he is married. Do married men usually wear there ring?

Wow I didn't know so many guys didn't. I asked my g/f and she said she would never see me without a ring on her finger if when we are married. I may take it off depending on the work I'm doing (some are just hazardous) but for daily, I don't see why it's necessary to take it off...

I would prefer my husband to when he's not working.I know most men work hard jobs that include labor such as construction/cooking and what not.

I don't want him to wear it to scare off women because most women are attracted to married men-the feeling of chasing something that's already been captured.

I think the ring is a symbol-what you put on one another at your wedding-it's the symbol of love.

I would wear mine because I want to show and be reminded of the fact that I love my husband and he's there for me.

I'm a touchy person

My dad has always worn his ring. I've rarely seen him without it, mum too, they take it off if they can't wear gloves to protect their hands from whatever they're doing. I'm not sure if dad can now actually...his fingers aren't quite as skinny as they were when he was 26!

omg, this is such a good topic.

i had always thought ALL men wore their ring. well until i started my last job.

i noticed lots of attractive young men that 'seemed' dateable. well, when i asked about them...most of them were MARRIED and never wore their rings. and those same guys were all cheaters.

i would be pissed if i was married and my husband didnt wear his ring to work or when he went out. these men shouldnt be married.

i would be pissed if i was married and my husband didnt wear his ring to work or when he went out. these men shouldnt be married.

Why is that? It's really a personal preference.

I also know quite a few married women who don't wear rings simply because they just don't like jewelry. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be married, after all it is just a piece of jewelry not the actual commitment itself.

My fiance and I have actually had this discussion and I have told him if he chooses not to wear his ring that's fine but he better be sure to tell chics he's married.Also think about it like this, alot of chics see the ring and think it's more of a chase and go for them because they have the ring on.

Why is that? It's really a personal preference.

I also know quite a few married women who don't wear rings simply because they just don't like jewelry. Doesn't mean they shouldn't be married, after all it is just a piece of jewelry not the actual commitment itself.

My fiance and I have actually had this discussion and I have told him if he chooses not to wear his ring that's fine but he better be sure to tell chics he's married.Also think about it like this, alot of chics see the ring and think it's more of a chase and go for them because they have the ring on.

Well its a personal preference and she would be pissed just like you are ok with it.

I understand a lot of guys that are working with their hands might not wear their rings due to accidents, but I am talking about an accountant with a desk job. Based on the replies I received, I guess I am just going to have to bring up the topic somehow.

For all you guys out there that don't wear your ring, this is why you should - so women looking at you as a potential date will stop looking at you in this way! It is so hard to find a good man - do what you can to make it a little easier on us!!

For all you guys out there that don't wear your ring, this is why you should - so women looking at you as a potential date will stop looking at you in this way! It is so hard to find a good man - do what you can to make it a little easier on us!!

It doesn't always work that way. Rings aren't a sign that someone is off the market ALOT of females see a wedding ring as more of a go and "fun".

It doesn't always work that way. Rings aren't a sign that someone is off the market ALOT of females see a wedding ring as more of a go and "fun".

I have standards and I would never date a married man. If what you are saying is true, that is so very sad. Why do people bother getting married if they are just going to cheat anyway. I have never even cheated on a boyfriend and I would most definitely not cheat on a husband.

I have standards and I would never date a married man. If what you are saying is true, that is so very sad. Why do people bother getting married if they are just going to cheat anyway. I have never even cheated on a boyfriend and I would most definitely not cheat on a husband.

That's great that you have standards and I completely agree with you, however this day in age marriage is nothing but a piece of paper and a ring on the finger to alot of people. It's really sad.

the men i worked with worked office jobs. they didn't wear rings because... they enjoyed women wanting them. it wasn't the jewelry issue at all. they all cheated too.

the nice guys at the office who always brought their wives to things and sent them flowers...they wore rings.

i know its just a ring, but this is western culture and that RING is the symbol of it all.

Archived