Co-dependency/not letting go thoughts

Hey, you bring up some great points and ideas. I try to see all my feelings rationally and clearly. In our 3 years together we did not have heavy drama or fighting, did not manipulate each other and were never too unhappy. When she traveled for work we talked and emailed daily, short, sweet conversations, missing one another and talking about our days and events.

The abandonment I felt when dumped was so sudden, it shocked my system. As so many (2hectic ect.) have responded to my many many posts, we dumpee's search so hard for answers and closure we may come to all kinds of false conclusions. I just read a bit of advice given to another poster about closure- " she is with someone else now, what more closure do you need?''

Harsh, but true. I get/got so caught up in her poor choice of "rebound" that it blinds me a bit to who she is and what she is capable of, dating a married man, becoming a mistress, ie "kept" at her age, being thrown in his current wife's face.

This made me think when she realizes what will happen to her in time, she will reflect on how we were and wake up. Like you say in you last line:

"I would still give her another shot, but it's going to take a long time and there will have to be a lot of water under the bridge first. I've come to accept that - at least for today..."

Archived