I want him to ask

Applewhite

I want him to tell me he wants me to move in. In theory I really want to live with him and trust him and give my heart to him. But in practice, I'm really scared to move in with him. I'm scared we'd fall apart, that it wouldn't be a fairy tale. I'm scared to give up my apartment, and trust him with my finances. I'm scared that there's things I don't know about him.

But I really really really want him to ask me to move in with him!

Am I nuts?

I went thru this too. Then I got over it. Then I got pregnant, now I'm getting everything that I wanted, and I'm not sure that I want it anymore! lol Just kidding. Kind of. I've lived by myself for 15 years. Supported myself, made a life and home for myself, it's scarey as hell trusting someone with all that you are. I decided to take the leap of faith. I'm still praying that I wont fall flat on my face! lol I know where your coming from....you are not alone! Cat

I want him to tell me he wants me to move in. In theory I really want to live with him and trust him and give my heart to him. But in practice, I'm really scared to move in with him. I'm scared we'd fall apart, that it wouldn't be a fairy tale. I'm scared to give up my apartment, and trust him with my finances. I'm scared that there's things I don't know about him.

But I really really really want him to ask me to move in with him!

Am I nuts?

Not a good idea. You said you've only been in a relationship for two months. Careful not to get ahead of yourself...

More times than not, relationships are extremely hard work and don't work like they do in the fairytales.

Not a good idea. You said you've only been in a relationship for two months. Careful not to get ahead of yourself...

More times than not, relationships are extremely hard work and don't work like they do in the fairytales.

I have? when did I say that? I certainly don't remember saying it! I said a couple of months. Almost 6 to be more specific. But regardless, how is this related? There are people that marry the week they meet and have a wonderful life together.

I have? when did I say that? I certainly don't remember saying it! I said a couple of months. Almost 6 to be more specific. But regardless, how is this related? There are people that marry the week they meet and have a wonderful life together.

the people that marry within a week and live happily ever after are actors on eharmony commercials.

the people that marry within a week and live happily ever after are actors on eharmony commercials.

not necessarily, my boyfriends best friends parents met eachother on a friday, spent the weekend together, got engaged, then got married a month later and they have been married for 45 years now and still going strong

Doesn't a couple mean 2?

Your responses to your other thread probably would have been even more encouraging if you said 6 months. 6 months is awhile... long enough to accept gifts...

But still... I think it's better to wait longer to move in together.

If you are looking for the fairytale, why not ponder the day that he asks you to marry him instead?

Doesn't a couple mean 2?

Your responses to your other thread probably would have been even more encouraging if you said 6 months. 6 months is awhile... long enough to accept gifts...

But still... I think it's better to wait longer to move in together.

If you are looking for the fairytale, why not ponder the day that he asks you to marry him instead?

Hi you are confusing the posts together. The gift wasn't given at the 6 month mark. More like 3 months. And I just realized how expensive it was. But all this is irrelevant to this thread. And a 'couple of months' usually does not mean 2.

Actually a couple usually does mean two according to the dictionary although it can have a secondary definition as a few.

link removed

In any event, I agree six months is early as you seem unsure whether this would be a good thing.

My boyfriend and I have been dating only a couple of months and it just recently started getting more serious. I was going away for a long period and he gave me a gift necklace as he dropped me off at the airport. I thought it was nice and thanked him and really liked it. Now its been a while since I'm gone, and out of curiosity I went to check how much it was. Online (Macy's) I found out it was much more expensive than I initially thought it was! Now I feel bad and awkward. I feel like I can't accept such an expensive gift, but I would feel very embarrassed bringing this up, admitting I looked it up and returning it. What do I do? Can it be the listed price was not the actual price? It was listed as $300.

Hi you are confusing the posts together. The gift wasn't given at the 6 month mark. More like 3 months. And I just realized how expensive it was. But all this is irrelevant to this thread. And a 'couple of months' usually does not mean 2.

You know, I was just trying to be helpful to you. The way you worded your original thread made it seem as though you were only dating for 2 months, got the necklace, left town, and looked it up after being out of town for a bit.

And how long you have been together is relevant when asking other posters if you are crazy for hoping he will ask you to move in with him.

And just for future reference: link removed

You know, I was just trying to be helpful to you. The way you worded your original thread made it seem as though you were only dating for 2 months, got the necklace, left town, and looked it up after being out of town for a bit.

And how long you have been together is relevant when asking other posters if you are crazy for hoping he will ask you to move in with him.

And just for future reference: link removed

1. two of the same sort considered together; pair.

2. two persons considered as joined together, as a married or engaged pair, lovers, or dance partners: They make a handsome couple.

3. any two persons considered together.

4. Mechanics. a pair of equal, parallel forces acting in opposite directions and tending to produce rotation.

5. Also called couple-close. Carpentry. a pair of rafters connected by a tie beam or collar beam.

6. a leash for holding two hounds together.

7. Fox Hunting. two hounds: 25 hounds or 121/2 couple.

–verb (used with object)

8. to fasten, link, or associate together in a pair or pairs.

9. to join; connect.

10. to unite in marriage or in sexual union.

11. Electricity.

a. to join or associate by means of a coupler.

b. to bring (two electric circuits or circuit components) close enough to permit an exchange of electromagnetic energy.

–verb (used without object)

12. to join in a pair; unite.

13. to copulate.

—Idiom

14. a couple of, more than two, but not many, of; a small number of; a few: It will take a couple of days for the package to get there. Also, a couple.

'a couple of' is a phrase. It usually does not mean 'pair' as in '1' above. It means more than two. Several. This is from the reference you gave link removed

And thank you for trying to be helpful, but you were confusing others that were trying to be helpful, so I had to correct the way you phrased me above.

Just for clarification, a couple typically means 2 or a pair according to the many lines above the one you singled out. Using couple to explain more than two months is considered slang around here. We assume it equals 2. I just wanted to suggest that you be more specific if you want to get helpful advice. Or you can continue to only provide the facts that will lead to the answers you want if you'd like too.. But then eh, what's the point of asking for advice?

I find your other threads interesting as well just to let you know. Am I correct that 6 months ago would have been 2/14/08?

Thanks~

Just for clarification, a couple typically means 2 or a pair according to the many lines above the one you singled out. Using couple to explain more than two months is considered slang around here. We assume it equals 2. I find your other threads interesting as well just to let you know. Am I correct that 6 months ago would have been 2/14/08?

Thanks~

A couple of . It's a phrase. Read the link you sent! It's right there. I also said almost 6 months. But close to that time, why do you ask?

A couple of . It's a phrase. Read the link you sent! It's right there. I also said almost 6 months. But close to that time, why do you ask?

We can agree to disagree, no?

I was just curious because according to your other threads, which were written in the past 4 months (to be specific I'll just use the number...,) if it's the same guy, he sounds almost dangerous, untrustworthy, selfish, disrespectful, and not someone that is relationship material much less the type of guy you'd want to move in with.

We can agree to disagree, no?

I was just curious because according to your other threads, which were written in the past 4 months (to be specific I'll just use the number...,) if it's the same guy, he sounds almost dangerous, untrustworthy, selfish, disrespectful, and not someone that is relationship material much less the type of guy you'd want to move in with.

Alright then, lets agree to disagree about it, after a couple of posts about it! LOL

Well that could have been a valid observation, but luckily no, they are not the same fellow. He was a scumbag ex trying to reconnect somehow, while he was still with a girl he dumped me for! What a loser. He stopped his pathetic ways finally after I threatened to tell his girl AND the police.

This guy is so sweet and kind. Never heard him talk bad about anything or anyone. Never raises his voice. Always talks things through with me even though I'm not an easy person to talk to. I have difficulties opening up etc.

So no not at ALL the same guy. No worries.

This guy is so sweet and kind. Never heard him talk bad about anything or anyone. Never raises his voice. Always talks things through with me even though I'm not an easy person to talk to. I have difficulties opening up etc.

So no not at ALL the same guy. No worries.

What a relief... That other guy was a creep.

Sounds like a good guy...... just don't get ahead of yourself or him. Fantasizing about him asking you to move in with him is great. But per your original post on this thread, you are worried that there's things you may not know about him. So might be a good idea to wait it out awhile.

not necessarily, my boyfriends best friends parents met eachother on a friday, spent the weekend together, got engaged, then got married a month later and they have been married for 45 years now and still going strong

that's not within a week now is it?

and stuff like this is extremely rare to work out. probably like less than .05%

It's not that he's really given me any reasons to think there are things I don't know. I just a pessimistic and cynical person by nature! Ha!

Also I'm probably influenced by past bad experiences...and things I did not know. For instance that ex creep was a felon! He never once thought of bringing it up all the various times I specifically asked is there something BIG I should know about you! Ha, you'd think they did more than a year jail time after THAT question dontcha

This guy has been nothing other than good, kind, and even exceptionally understanding of my jealous and freaky ways. And when I'm at his place I really feel at home and secure and peaceful and loved. Which is what got me thinking about the topic of my post.

As enthusiastic as I am about this, I am also scared. So I desperately want him to ask, but I probably couldn't say yes.

Archived