have you ever been rejected by someone you'd only settle for?

Caterina

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe they sensed that you weren't all that into them and they got out of there?

He's not that savvy/intuitive.

At least I did't think he is. Thing is, he plays games. He says he wants to go out but then never calls. The time I call (when I'm bored), he turns me down. Maybe he was, and its his way of making a one-up power play...of elevating himself over me b/c of my true disinterest...maybe you're right.

Well, personally, I think it's good that you got humbled. We all like to think that we are in "leagues". We even go as far as to think that asking someone out is doing them a favor. However, you get what you give out. Maybe you won't size this guy up to be less than you in the future? Or any person, for that matter. Just cause the guy is geeky doesn't mean he's desperate.

I don't know what you mean about "got humbled". ALl I ever do is get rejected by people I fall for. Now I even get rejected by nerds. If you mean "by humbled" that I've had my face ground into the dirt, then yeah, I have -- but I don't see how its a good thing.

I don't know what you mean about "got humbled". ALl I ever do is get rejected by people I fall for. Now I even get rejected by nerds. If you mean "by humbled" that I've had my face ground into the dirt, then yeah, I have -- but I don't see how its a good thing.

i mean humbled because you sized this guy up as being lesser than you.

I agree that a humbling was needed. If you see people as "more" or "less" than you, you might have a really negative outlook in general, and that might be what's affecting your dating. It's really not such a nice thing to call anyone a nerd.

yup, i agree, does sound like you needed a humbling. i also don't think it's fair to be *SHOCKED* when a guy you percieve as less than you breaks up with you. maybe he sensed you were treating him as 'less than' so he decided he didn't like it anymore.

maybe he met someone more compatible with him?

Okay, so what gods do you follow were the ones who deemed me worthy of being humbled by this guy? Are you seriously saying that the reason this happened was some karma-related spiritual thing instead of providing me with some rational reasons for what he was thinking?

Do you think that hearing I needed to be humbled and you're glad this happened to me is why I came to this board? If I wanted to hear about yada yada I deserve this-that, I can just go talk to some nuns who tell me I got what I deserved.

Okay, so what gods do you follow were the ones who deemed me worthy of being humbled by this guy? Are you seriously saying that the reason this happened was some karma-related spiritual thing instead of providing me with some rational reasons for what he was thinking?

Do you think that hearing I needed to be humbled and you're glad this happened to me is why I came to this board? If I wanted to hear about yada yada I deserve this-that, I can just go talk to some nuns who tell me I got what I deserved.

I think all of that was over the top thinking but i tend to agree that there were lessons to be learned here. Because this guy was not as good looking as you, so you think, the fact that he might have dumped you because it wasn't working out is so horrific?

If you could read your posts outside of yourself if someone else had written them i think you would see the superiority and snobbishness of it and would probably agree with the respondents.

How horrible to think you were 'better' then him and how dare he break up with YOU.

but you shouldn't even be hurt if you were settling to begin with.

It isn't helping your situation, but, in general, thinking someone lesser than you in dating is a bad habit to get into. Just for future refernce. I mean, I wouldn't want to date a guy who considered himself better than me.

the problem might be in that you had a superiority complex and it came back to bite you in the behind.

Lessons learned - don't think you are better than anyone else.

Its not that I technically thought I was better...its that I thought that by normal standards, I'd be much higher on that totem pole and so losing me would be too much of a risk since I was lowering my standards for him and he was getting higher than he could normally.

I didn't think I was better except by normal measuring standards that have to do with wealth, looks, etc

He's not that savvy/intuitive.

At least I did't think he is. Thing is, he plays games. He says he wants to go out but then never calls. The time I call (when I'm bored), he turns me down. Maybe he was, and its his way of making a one-up power play...of elevating himself over me b/c of my true disinterest...maybe you're right.

Or, maybe he was going to settle for you and got cold feet.

Archived