My First Date tomorrow has been moved to night time, NOT GOOD

ConfusedDater

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think a lot of those girls didn't return a call not because they just wanted a free meal, but because they just weren't interested.

You have such a negative view of women in all of your posts, it leaves me wondering why you're trying to date them at all.

Well if you are not interested YOU DON"T ACCEPT THE MEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She probably was interested before the meal, but as time went on realized that she wasn't. Listen, your negative attitude is going to come out during your interactions with women. Since you have no problem getting a first date, but problems getting a second, I'm betting you that these women ARE interested but don't want to deal with your negativity. That's why you're not getting a second date. It's not because they want a free meal.

Instead of focusing on all these minor things about the details of the date before you even go on it, and instead of blaming women for everything that goes wrong, you need to take a look at yourself and your attitude. Why would a woman want to go on a second date with a guy who is so negative about women in general? And I'm sure you don't say these things on dates, but a general negative attitude will come out even if you don't say the words.

My problem is not being negative, I reached the 3rd date, my only problem was not being aggressive in getting to know her. I don't give off a negative on dates, which is why I was able to go on two dates and not pay for anything. So that's why I feel positive good things will happen once the next girl comes along.

Well if you are not interested YOU DON"T ACCEPT THE MEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So the woman is supposed to have figured out by the end of one meal with you how she feels about dating you again? And then what should she say, let me pay because I'm not interested?

Maybe the women are excited when you mention going to dinner because they're happy to be going out on a date with you, not because they want a free meal.

As for your female friend that says she *is* looking for a free meal... so what? What do you care? My guess is that you're certainly not buying her meals, so what does that have to do with the women you date? She doesn't speak for them.

So the woman is supposed to have figured out by the end of one meal with you how she feels about dating you again? And then what should she say, let me pay because I'm not interested?

Maybe the women are excited when you mention going to dinner because they're happy to be going out on a date with you, not because they want a free meal.

As for your female friend that says she *is* looking for a free meal... so what? What do you care? My guess is that you're certainly not buying her meals, so what does that have to do with the women you date? She doesn't speak for them.

Believe me a woman knows if she is going out with a guy again BEFORE dinner is served

Believe me a woman knows if she is going out with a guy again BEFORE dinner is served

Please explain to me how you, a male, know what each and every woman is thinking? I am a woman, and no, I do not know every time, or even most of the time, if I'm going to date someone again until the date is over and I've had time to think about it.

You really and truly should talk to a professional. The fact that you don't see how hurtful and alarming your generalizations are is disturbing.

I have no idea where you got that impression. Do you really want to date right now? Maybe you are a bit too cynical at the moment and need a break from dating.

Please explain to me how you, a male, know what each and every woman is thinking? I am a woman, and no, I do not know every time, or even most of the time, if I'm going to date someone again until the date is over and I've had time to think about it.

You really and truly should talk to a professional. The fact that you don't see how hurtful and alarming your generalizations are is disturbing.

I think when it comes to online dating, on the first meeting it should automacially be DUTCH because of how the woman and man met. If it goes well then the man should foot the bill.

I don't think a guy should come out his pocket for her until its confirmed it's a mutual attraction.

It's not a such thing as cheap once we hit date #2

That is not true CD. There are ways of going out and having fun that don't have to bend the wallet too badly.

And if you land a decent girl after the first few dates she will be sure to insist on paying her equal share.

But you have some mindset changing to do before you get to the point of finding a healthy relationship.

I think when it comes to online dating, on the first meeting it should automacially be DUTCH because of how the woman and man met. If it goes well then the man should foot the bill.

I don't think a guy should come out his pocket for her until its confirmed it's a mutual attraction.

First of all, who says you have to go to dinner for the first date anyway, no matter what time it is? You can meet for a hike, for a walk, for a coffee, for a variety of other things that don't even touch the issue of who's paying for what. Secondly, who's to determine if the dinner went well and thus that the man should be paying? What if one person thinks it went well and the other didn't?

You create your own problematic scenarios and then complain about them.

As usual CD, people give you good advice and you ignore all of it. When will you just accept to suck it up and change your ways?

You've done it again:

1) You post a thread about a problem of yours

2) People give you advice

3) You give excuses and don't follow the advice

4) You post another thread, go back to step 1

You seem to be scared of doing anything that isn't within the boundaries of your routine. It sounds like you date in the same way you post here: constantly repeating the same pattern ad nauseam, even though it never works.

well since some women don't like being upfront...

Have you ever considered saying, "since some *people* don't like being upfront"?

Why don't you ever answer any of the questions posed to you? Instead you just post more insane theories as to why yet another date didn't work out. I seriously doubt that anyone would be turned off by a joking conversation about your favorite sports team losing. She probably just sensed that overall you have a lot to learn about relating to people.

Have you ever considered saying, "since some *people* don't like being upfront"?

Why don't you ever answer any of the questions posed to you? Instead you just post more insane theories as to why yet another date didn't work out. I seriously doubt that anyone would be turned off by a joking conversation about your favorite sports team losing. She probably just sensed that overall you have a lot to learn about relating to people.

well I have that she's not interested feeling and I'm no stranger to that feeling, i can sniff it out a mile a way.

I can't speak for men not being up front because I don't date men, i'm going by how sometimes i have to PULL statements out of a woman because she was trying not to hurt my feelings. But I don;t respect women who are not upfront and honest, I never did and never will

well I have that she's not interested feeling and I'm no stranger to that feeling, i can sniff it out a mile a way.

I can't speak for men not being up front because I don't date men, i'm going by how sometimes i have to PULL statements out of a woman because she was trying not to hurt my feelings. But I don;t respect women who are not upfront and honest, I never did and never will

Most people arn't upfront and honest on the first date.

I can't speak for men not being up front because I don't date men

People have already told you this before, but I'll say it again: women are not magical creatures from a far away land, but human beings just like men, with the same potential flaws and qualities. Stop treating "dates" as though they're on a completely different planet than friends or other acquaintances.

Archived