First Holiday Alone

I know the 4th of July is not a big holiday but it was always my favorite. The ex and I would go to our friends house on the beach on an island (nothing fancy just very rustic) and relax and get away from life. No cars, no stores just friends and the ocean. He would not go without me (not ever but not this time), but I feel so empty. I do have plans but it is raining to make matters worse

I will try to have a good day. It is an all day BBQ, and I know noone there but the person I am going with. except it is raining so it may be cancelled. I did send him a friendly text say happy fourth of july to you and dog hope you have a good one, any fun plans.

I got no response and I will leave it at that. I just think to myself would I be mad if my friend did not respond and right something stupid back no. Than an ex gets less LOL!!

Today happens to be my first fourth of july without my ex, so I definitely know how you feel. But I reminded myself of this past new year's eve, and how much of a good time I had spending the night with my sister and her friends - I ended up making new friends and having a good time. So my advice would be to share this holiday with friends and family. They are the ones who know you the best and will be able to take your mind off your worries. Happy 4th!

Well I said he would not go to the island this year without me. And guess I was wrong. He is there with all our friends. So I am just hanging with family my bbq was rained out he asked what I was up too... I will not let him see my feelings I just said oh good have a good weekend. We were also supposed to hang out tomorrow night guess that will not happen.

No, don't respond. I gather he broke up with you. The "I miss you" is just classic BS from dumpers. It is just something to say..they don't miss you enough to want to get back together with you, they just want to tug at your heartstrings in order to boost their ego. Don't respond. Not worth it.

He has to want to come back. Can you go NC with him. As long as you are available to talk to him he still gets the benefit of your "presense". He needs to know what his life is like without you in it...and only NC will show him that. It may or may not get him back...but being in contact with him is clearly frustrating you.

This is very true. I am good at not contacting him, but then he contacts me. I am sometimes too nice and he knows that. I have to start putting myself first instead of everyone else. I do want him to know what life is without me, but I am afraid if he asks me to hang out I will say yes. We usually just go for ice cream or something simple. Nothing where anything could happen that I would regret thankfully...

Archived