Uh... Did I just ask a woman out?!

Rammspieler

So last night was my 10th year high school reunion. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be and considering that I never spoke a word during my high school years (some people used to think I was mute) I was more sociable than ever. In fact after our minute long conversation one guy even said that was the longest conversation he's ever had with me.

But the real kicker was when I asked who was one of the hottest girls in school (she still is pretty hot after ten years!) If she wanted to see The Dark Knight with me. She said yes.

Please keep in mind that I've never asked girls out on dates in my life and obviously never had a girlfriend. How was this possible? Alcohol! So remember kids. Alcohol is your friend!

Hey congratulations!

I remember, after being shot down time after time, I was talking to this one really attractive girl and accidentally asked her out. After she left, my friend came up to me and gives me a hi-five, and I'm just like: "... Uh ... Did I just ask her out?"

Things turned out well, and I've had more confidence ever since. No alcohol was involved for me, though, so let's just set the Liquid Confidence debate straight. You asked her out, and you can do it without alcohol, too.

Congrats on asking the girl out, but now that you know you can do it, I think it's very important both for your health and for your confidence that you also learn to do it without being helped by alcohol. Otherwise you're going to need alcohol every time you need a confidence boost and you'll end up not being able to do without it.

Archived