Sleep humping?

Sean

One of my female friends says that something she'll wake up to her boyfriend humping her and he appears to be asleep. Now I have never heard of guys doing this, and I'm kinda skeptical on whether or not he's really 'asleep'. Is there really a medical reason for someone humping in their sleep, or is this a way for this guy to basically molest her while she's sleeping?

Well, your muscles are supposed to be paralyzed when you sleep (though clearly not full paralysis, as you can still breathe). People who have problems with this paralysis may act out their dreams - aka sleepwalking.

I think muscle paralysis only occurs during REM sleep (which is when dreaming typically occurs). Erections can occur during REM sleep, but I have never heard or read about "sleep humping". I'm pretty sure that if he IS doing this while he's genuinely asleep, then he has some kind of sleep disorder. link removed

Haha, don't worry, it happens. Many people tend to act out their dreams a little bit... and when a person's having a REALLY good one, well, that kind of thing can just come up. It's about as unrealistic as an ordinary wet dream, I think.

Do you know if the guy does any other actions in his sleep? I had a friend who did something similar, but she also sleepwalked, sleeptalked, and once even attempted to write on her wall with eyeliner.

My boyfriend sometimes gets frisky in his sleep. A few weeks ago I woke up to his hands up my shirt and down my pants. I was really sore from sex a few hours before so I decided to go down on him. I thought he was awake, but when he said "I don't know how that happened!" after he came I found out he had been asleep almost the entire time.

Last week I woke up in the middle of the night to his head on my behind. I mean he stroked it and then used it as a pillow. I know he loves to touch my butt when he's awake and he sometimes likes to fall asleep touching it, but I didn't expect for it to be a pillow all night. I actually had trouble not laughing because he totally turned around and was half off the bed.

I think it's entirely possible to sleep hump.

People sleep talk often enough, I don't think sleep humping is so far out of the question! I wouldn't go so far to say it was a sleep disorder if it doesn't disturb his sleep. My dad works in a sleep lab...I hear a lot about sleep disorders.

Both my boyfriend and myself have sat up and chatted to each other in our sleep, and done numerous silly things . I say just have a giggle about it and tease him in the morning I think it is HIGHLY unlikely that this man is trying to molest his girlfriend while she's asleep.

Archived