Am I too passive in relationships? Do I give TOO much space to guys I date?

Suzanne1281

hey - you sound sort of like me! i really don't like to do the 'why haven't you called me? where were you?' sort of thing. i prefer to let them have space, etc. and not act like the clingy insecure gf. but, i think if a guy is looking for a dramatic relationship, then he has problems. i don't want a guy to feel like he is on a leash with me, that's not the kind of relationship i want. i hope to meet a guy one day who feels the same.

hey - you sound sort of like me! i really don't like to do the 'why haven't you called me? where were you?' sort of thing. i prefer to let them have space, etc. and not act like the clingy insecure gf. but, i think if a guy is looking for a dramatic relationship, then he has problems. i don't want a guy to feel like he is on a leash with me, that's not the kind of relationship i want. i hope to meet a guy one day who feels the same.

Me too...I really, really just want to meet a chill guy who wants to be equals. I look at my friends in healthy relationships and they seem this way.

My ex likes the dramatic, tragic relationships I think. A mutual friend of mine who has known him for a while said he's always had dramatic girlfriends. I guess because I'm not that way, he decided it wasn't what he wanted.

I wanted to add to my above post that, we are always told that guys like the chase. My guy friends have told me the same and I've been told this countless times on here. So if they like the chase, isn't it contradictory for us to act like we are chasing them back with acting jealous, etc?

I'm so confused.

Honestly, the urge to break NC and have a good cry and be the dramatic and tell him I want him back is really killing me right now. It's what his ex did and he went back to her.

WIth the other ones in the past I acted just as dramatic as them and it never ended well. So I think it's just the wrong type of guy I'm attracted to and I need to work my way around this.

Archived