I am SOOO Embarrassed and confused about this.

OK, the story so far...I met a bloke on a group holiday with my boyfriend of 10 years. I really , really liked him. Both my b/f and this guy know each other and are friends.

Anyway, back at home I saw this guy in the street coming towards me and I couldn't resist flirting a little, well OK a lot.He seemed quite surprised but flirted back. We didn't stop and talk though so I thought I'd maybe been a bit full-on.

Anyway,recently I went to a gig with my boyfriend (stupid idea I know) which he was playing. Of course, there was a hugely embarrassing moment when we came face-to-face and he ignored me. He seemed to be trying to talk to me afterwards though because every time I looked around he was near me. But I was upset, and embarrassed and just wanted to go.I was also really embarrassed because his best mate was there, who alsois friends with my b/f and he came up to talk to us and I just couldn't look at or speak to him, because I know he knows.What makes the situation ten times worse is that myself and my b/f work together running a shop and I can think of at least four or five of our mutual friends/customers who I suspect know, maybe more.

Anyway, after that hugely embarrassing situation I saw him a few days ago, he came over and we had a bit of a chat and he asked me if we were going on this years holiday(he's obviously worried that we'll be on that, but I said no, I at least worked out that that would be a bad move!), he turned to go, and I suddenly from nowhere said that I was sorry about coming to the gig and how I'd embarrassed him. I was so upset that I burst into tears, and he sort of comforted me a bit and said that I hadn't then I said that I had to go, while still crying (the shame) He told me to "Be cool" but it was sort of in a jokey way. I said I would see him later and he said alright.

Now the situation is very awkward because I can't go back to work, I dread the thought of seeing the people that I think know, It will be so difficult!!

I'm completely and utterly confused and feel terribly guilty and about my b/f(whom I do care an awful lot for, but I don't see myself being with romantically for ever) not knowing anything about this, while loads of other people do, because he's obviously told them.

I think I will at least have to leave my job, and probably my b/f too. Does anyone have any advice? Would this other guy think I'm completely mad now???

Flirting with someone else is not bad or anything to be ashamed of. It's okay to do ti,w ithin limits. Doesn't seem like you passed them, although I don't know what you did. Generally, I think one shouldn't flirt too late into the night, for too long, infront of your man or woman, etc. So, I don't see the flirting as something to be ashamed of. The tears aren't really either. Something got to you.

You will get over any embarrassment and be fine. Will is take a week or so? Maybe.