A question I found a little bit strange, nothing more

SupaflyTNT

So I have a date, uh technically today, at 7 and I talked to her to firm up plans. When we were finishing up the convo she asked me a question I found strange although I'm not sure why. She asked me if I was going to drink with her on our date (then she had a little giggle). I just said "of course I'll have some drinks with you!" then I said jokingly "what sort of a question was that?" She just giggled again and said she was excited to see me. The exchange went very well IMO but I didn't understand what the point of that question was (if there even was a point) and I know it doesn't mean anything in the context of the conversation, but I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on this.

I was asked this yesterday before my date lastnight as i was driving. So maybe she was wondering if you would be driving,drinking,parking the car up or something? And also some people dont really drink do they. I would ask this because i would like to know before hand if we were going to both drink & be on the same level..

She wants to get you nice and "loose" so she can have her way with you

That was what I was thinking. Hold on to your socks their buddy I think you will be having a good time tonight. Make sure to pack some raincoats just in case

the last date i went on we went to a japanese place. she was going on and on about saki. saki this saki that. i thought for sure i was going to watch her drink. (i only drink like once a week, so i wasn't that night)

she ordered water just like me. she actually scored points.

Turns out she's just dated guys that refused to have a drink with her and she was half joking, half serious.

Anyway, the date was pleasant enough and she likes me but I'm not sure how I feel about her. I felt like I was carrying the convo for most of the night. I wasn't sure she could keep up with my humor either (not that I have strange humor, I just go with what I see around me).

She was talking about things we could do in the future and she asked me to call her tomorrow but I'm just not sure how I feel about her. The last girl I dated made it so easy to talk to her and she got my humor and responded easily. I think I just might miss that a bit. Maybe this girl just needs time to open up, I don't know.

I think that unless you feel its DEFINATE "no" then really you should give it more of a chance....

Lets say she was nervous, then really what you got was not how she would normally be.

i think too much focus is placed on "passing' the first date. "Did i pass?" "Did she pass"

From what you said, it sounds like its worth giving another shot.

Im going on heaps of first dates at the moment, and its just my theory on it.

Archived