What would you choose??

If someone had the power and was willing to grant you one of these two wishes and only one which one would you choose?

1) Grant you a life partner of your dreams who you find perfect in every way, who you love and will love you back for the rest of your life unconditionally and someone who will stick with you for life?

OR

2) Smack you a check for 1 million dollars and it's up to you to find your own mate.

Which one would make you happier???

If someone had the power and was willing to grant you one of these two wishes and only one which one would you choose?

1) Grant you a life partner of your dreams who you find perfect in every way, who you love and will love you back for the rest of your life unconditionally and someone who will stick with you for life?

OR

2) Smack you a check for 1 million dollars and it's up to you to find your own mate.

Which one would make you happier???

This one is simple... anyone that would choose the money doesn't even understand the definition of love so it's not a fair contest. That's not choosing "love or money", but rather "me ego or money".

A better contest...

You have met the person of your dreams. They fulfill you in every way. They are everything that you've always dreamed of and make you feel satisfied in every way. However, you are told through "higher powers" that, unequivocally, this person will be better off, happier, and more fullfilled in their life if you are not their partner.

Do you...

a) Share this information with your partner, and in turn let them go.

or....

b) Keep this information from your partner, and in turn allow your dreams to be fulfilled at their expense.

But think about this guys, in probability speaking most people do eventually meeting a great person in life who they marry and at least half stay happily married so probability of finding someone are very good, however what chance do you think you will ever have of someone just giving you 1 million in cash. Think about it.

It's funny you guys say this. I'm shocked. I do understand the definition of love, was with someone for nearly 5 years and engaged and we loved each other incredibly but we couldn't be together because she moved to another part of the world, aside from that I was in another relationship with a woman I loved, but any day I would chose $1 million. I have confidence I can meet the right person and I have luck meeting great women but $1 million invested the right way can gauge alot.

Jettison, great scenario and I would choose (a) let them go. It would eventually burn me on the inside knowing that I'm keeping someone I love so much knowing that they would be much happier without me, this would not work for me and (b) couldn't be fulfilled becuause of that.

I already have plenty of money, so why would I chose the other?

It's all perspective. I'm confident I can make money and live comfortably any time I want. I always have been that way... but love, ah love... is evasive.

-Kevin

1 million is not a lot from where I live, Ordinary houses around here are close to 2-3 million, so 1 million is definitely outta the question.

Its definitely the perfect partner, because its nearly impossible to find anyone like that. Sure they have their flaws, but divorce is pretty common. There's not a huge difference in happiness between people living high standards and middle class standards.

Plus I have confidence in myself that I'll be successful and I won't be needing the money

I guess it really depends on what you're lacking now. Most people here are single and are going through break ups. Financially, I suppose the most of us are okay with what we're earning. So if you're poor, of course you'd pick the money. But if you're reasonably off and single, of course you'd choose love.

you just said that you inlove with a girl that is already move in part of the world. So u rather choose money... and in a way you will find the right girl. Well you dont really love the girl choose their was still a part of you can change you mind to get money over her..... if she is with you and somebody will give you 1 million would you get it? i bet yes

Yeah, this one was easy...#1. Living my daily life I can make enough money to survive contentedly. Finding the perfect mate to share it with is far more difficult.

The second question...I honestly don't know, or maybe I do and that's worse =p

Like most have said so far.... hands down, #1.

I'm lacking in money sometimes.... but I always get by, and I always will. I'm smart, I have an education, I have a job, and I am responsible.

Love though... a life partner... far more valuable, and not something you can apply for at a bank.

I'd choose the 2nd. Why? Because I want to choose my own partner. I want to be with someone who we have to work through our issues to be together. I want someone to love me because they want to love me and not just some person that was specifically made just to love me. I guess it's a self-esteem issue. I'd rather live alone than have some all-powerful being find someone to love me because I couldn't find someone. Does that make sense?

I'd choose the 2nd. Why? Because I want to choose my own partner. I want to be with someone who we have to work through our issues to be together. I want someone to love me because they want to love me and not just some person that was specifically made just to love me. I guess it's a self-esteem issue. I'd rather live alone than have some all-powerful being find someone to love me because I couldn't find someone. Does that make sense?

This makes a lot of sense and I agree with this...

however, he did say this:

So... I guess I'm assuming that it kinda would be someone that you'd pick... and maybe they'd just somehow magically guide me to them?

Sigh... aint' gunna happen anyhow .... but if my romantical problems were instantly solved next month, or even next year... that would be a miracle.

Like musicdee said, it definitely depends on your circumstances, where you are in your life right now and what you want. Having said that...$1 million isn't really much, it'll disappear before you know it...unless you successful invest it in something that will generate more. Right now, I'd choose option 2 (the money) because I'm pretty confident that when the time comes I will meet someone I'm going to fall in love with and live happily ever after, and right now $1 million could sure do me a lot of good lol.

I know i run the risk of being slated here but at this moment in time i would take the money,have a face lift,holiday,comfortable home big enough for extended family,nice car (electric!!) And hope that i could still find love..

If you had said the money & NEVER be loved for the rest of your life,the i wouldnt choose the money..

Love or money can't be received with wishing and hoping but you know what many people would love the perfect S-O.

Would you really want a spouse the you wished for from a genie?

I wouldn't there just isnt anything to it. its like marrying Barbie its all make believe there is no such thing as perfect and imperfections can be loved with the right person.

Archived