Post your online dating horror stories

metrogirl

Thanks Annie. I wasn't really sure how to handle it. Is it really okay to be that blunt to someone? I have an issue with being "rude", but i am going to have to find a way out, because being polite may get me in to trouble

I wish i was more assertive.

What is okay to say when you really don't want somebody to call you anymore?

Can anyone help? Because i really don't know

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After eight pages of horror i still managed to find my own weirdo stories

Example A: much older.I'm talking pretending to be young adult but being fifty.My bad with not asking actual age.Date was off right at the door.

Example B: Cheap trick.It's all about testing if i have money and would i pay for everything.Needless to say that it ended before we got to food.

Example C: Health/body problems.Ranges from telling me about being ill to walking like they've been bizarre f*cked last night plus told bad cover up lie.

And finally, worst of all: a person has showed up, hid, was watching me.Then they were back online like nothing happened.

Hope that it made you laugh...

well its not really a horror story really but just weird. I talked to this guy for about a month we met on this site about 5yrs ago it was like myspace but some old school version where u just had a profile pic and other pics and then info about urself and u could message people, no friends lists then. So this guy messaged me and we talked on msn, we quickly spoke on the phone he always called he ran up a £300 phone bill, he told me how good looking i was and how my personality was soo great. Then we arranged to meet i agreed to go to him (big mistake) and i stayed the night,

when i arrived he hugged me said i looked good etc, then it was weird we just didnt talk much when we got back to his room he went on msn n was talking to other girls!! then he said lets drink i was like no bt u can, he dared me to give him a bj!! i said no way, he slept on the floor i slept on the bed, we ordered take away hardly spoke i think i told him to come off the net but he wouldnt then he took me to the train station the next day and he sat in the front of the taxi me in the back (!!!) he hugged n kissed me goodbye n said he was coming down to my city that evening n would call - he never called again, i deleted and blocked off my msn when i got back.

It was so weird because he used to write me emails everyday saying how much he liked me, it wasnt awkward but he just couldnt be bothered to speak to me, i think he just wanted the chase, he didnt even try have sex except saying the stupid thing about the dare! If i ever did online meeting again i would only tlk online maybe once or twise before arranging to meet asap.

And finally, worst of all: a person has showed up, hid, was watching me.Then they were back online like nothing happened.

Oh, that's gold =D>.

I recently had this girl: long story short, i thought we were joking around. After a few correpsondances, she then sent me a rude, but curt email, and brushed me off. I was like... * * * ? The whole time i thought she was joking, so i joked back. I now think she was being mean, and maybe took everything i said the wrong way. Lol.

Anyway, thank god for that. I am just about done in the online dating world... I would rather take my chances in the real world.

I just find that people are so insecure in RL now. It's like they're waiting to meet someone online, thereby missing out on RLife opportunities.

Sick.

I was thinking about this thread the other day and another story popped into my head. Funny how I didn't remember some of these winners. LOL

Once I had met this guy online, and we got on really well. Spent a good amount of time chatting and getting to know each other. He had a stable job and seemed to be normal. He knew the general area where I lived, we had chatted about it before as he was doing a job in the area. So after a while he started getting weird on me. He would call constantly and tell me to meet him here or meet him there. He would never meet at a location I suggested only the places that he suggested. One day he called me and said "I'm in , actually near the corner of " and he was driving up and down the streets reading off the building names and store names asking if he was close to my house? I actually hung up on him and he called back about 10 minutes later and started reading more business names close to my house and asking if he was hot or cold!

OMG.....can we say weird?

lol - Funny you posted on this. I thought about it yesterday.

Yikes about that guy!!!!!!!!

A guy I went to school with... Ran into him about 3 years ago at Walmart. Talked to him and we agreed to hang out maybe have a playdate. He acted head over heels quickly. Said his ex wife left him after he paid for breast implants and a convertible for her.

He kept saying he had this job in "big city." But then he'd call me from pay phones during the day saying he was in "hometown," could he stop by to visit? I finally determined he had no job. Why lie? Or why date if you aren't happy with yourself.

Just had to join in here... I tried on-line dating about two years ago. I met up with a guy for a dinner date and he showed up dressed as a pirate. He had on more make-up than I did, and he even had an actual sword with him.

This wasn't so much a horror story as a funny one. He said he often dressed up as a pirate and went out like that (not because it was close to Halloween, which I was hoping to be the case). He was a regular at the restaurant where we had dinner, and all the guys working there kept looking to see how I was reacting to this whole scene. The had this look on their faces, like "what the h*ll is she thinking?"

So what did we talk about on the date? Weird experiences we've had on other dates.

Archived