My feet are killing me! Whose got the best shoes for work?

Well, I don't know what you do for work but I am an RN who is on my feet for 12-16 hours a day and the best shoes I've worn are Danskos clogs:

link removed

They provide strong arch support, are wide in the toe and heel so I don't get blisters, and while anyone would get sore feet after 16 hours of running (sometimes with no break!) they are the most supportive and comfortable shoes I have found.

Humm, yeah I was thinking redwings too. There are few requirements: Black, non-marking sole, and oil/gas resistant. That's it. Other than those requirements I'm free to wear any brand or style. And the all black thing isn't that enforced, there could be a stripe or something, but they should be nearly all black. I work in the automotive industry, so I'm on my feet all day. Hummm, not sure about the Dansko, they look comfy, but not sure how well they would stay on my feet. I do jog occasionally (28 acres to cover) and need something to stay on my feet.

Oh, just wanted to add. Currently I'm wearing some sketchers. They were okay starting out, but I don't like them enough to want to purchase another pair.

-Kevin

Humm, yeah I was thinking redwings too. There are few requirements: Black, non-marking sole, and oil/gas resistant. That's it. Other than those requirements I'm free to wear any brand or style. And the all black thing isn't that enforced, there could be a stripe or something, but they should be nearly all black. I work in the automotive industry, so I'm on my feet all day. Hummm, not sure about the Dansko, they look comfy, but not sure how well they would stay on my feet. I do jog occasionally (28 acres to cover) and need something to stay on my feet.

Oh, just wanted to add. Currently I'm wearing some sketchers. They were okay starting out, but I don't like them enough to want to purchase another pair.

-Kevin

Hmmm yeah, Danskos are not made for jogging (although I occasionally run to a code in them!).

-Kevin

Once again I say Nike!!

Once again I say Nike!!

Find me some Nikes!

I've mostly seen Nikes as athletic shoes. While this may be great for my jogging, they would need to meet my other requirements. I seriously looked at running shoes and they were all 7 colors and obnoxious.

-Kevin

Geox are the best! They call them breathing shoes because they allow the heat and the pressure to be breathed out of the shoes; the shoes are designed for that purpose.

I have two pairs and they are perfect, but a little expensive though. Google it and check for the nearest branch.

do they have too be shoes or can they be trainers??

i have a pair of oasics trainers for the gym, they have a gel sole, very comfy!! plus when you wash them the gel goes all soft and its like walking on the moon or something

if they do have to be proper shoes hmm, possibly something talior made?

I have a black pair of asics also, and I don't think I'll switch to any other running shoes. Very comfy, i recommend them also.

I still have yet to find any good shoes. I may need to bite the bullet and order some online and hope my shoe size is okay. I don't like the idea of purchasing shoes without trying them on. However, I'm afraid in my town this may not be an option.

-Kevin

Your other problem may be that shoes wear out quicker than you think. Even a good pair only has a limited number of hours where the padding is good. I think i read somewhere that even if your running shoes still look good, you need a new pair after 1000 hours of running because the interior of the shoes gets compressed and wears out. So they recommend new running shoes twice a year.

If you stand on your feet all day that's probably part of the problem. You probably need a new pair of work shoes every 6-12 months.

Also, make sure they are fitted properly, especially if you have feet that need a wide shoe or are overweight (which puts a huge strain on the foot).

Archived