Ladies I think I been making another mistake, should I keep this to myself?

ConfusedDater

no, you shouldn't have told her. i once had a date scheduled with a guy who was going to be driving in to see me a few hours away. he said something like, 'you're not going to back out, right, at the last minute, because i don't like people wasting my time.' i said no, of course not, but then decided to cancel the date (not at the last minute though!) the way he said it just kind of scared me, like he had been burned in the past, and i would be punished for the mistakes of a previous gf. not a good feeling. i'm not the kind to break plans, once i've made them, but since i figured i couldn't 100% say i could make it to the date, i decided to cancel it. too much pressure!!!

Did the conversation go in that direction where she asks, when was the last time you got stood up? Then, maybe you should tell her.

Otherwise, don't give out negative info about yourself. I hope you don't just say those things out of the blue. That would be very off-putting to any potential dates.

I don't think what you actually said is that huge of a big deal. It's not like some deep dark scary secret. On the other hand I guess it could make her think you meet up with many girls from online and she's just the next in a line. You should maybe avoid talking about any other girls or dates to be safe. Just talk about yourself, and chat with the girl you're talking to, and forget about people outside of this equation.

I don't think what you actually said is that huge of a big deal. It's not like some deep dark scary secret. On the other hand I guess it could make her think you meet up with many girls from online and she's just the next in a line. You should maybe avoid talking about any other girls or dates to be safe. Just talk about yourself, and chat with the girl you're talking to, and forget about people outside of this equation.

i agree, it's such a turnoff. i went on a date where the guy told me that he's dating 4 other women. i was very turned off. of course, i assume that guys are dating others, but i don't want to HEAR that i am bachelorette #5. doesn't make me feel special at all.

Archived