how do i let him know its just the wrong time of the month?

i dont know if im completely alone in this but it seems to have happened to me a couple times now...i find myself fooling around w/ a great guy (may it be a friend or whatever) and then having to remember that im on my period...now i know this is the "OMG! GASP!" topic for guys...but i mean i have to let him know, right? but heres my question...how can u let the guy know...without making the situation awkward and embarrassing and without just completely killing the mood that u really want to do those certain things that are impossible at that time of the month....and that u are really into him...but you just cant... guys...any advice? personal experiences? so far ive just sort of avoided the news until the last possible second and then just said it and it sort of kills the mood .... soo c'mon..im know im not the only girl out there!! what do you guys do??

Humm first I have to say that I am a guy. I would just say no when he trys to go further. No it is not that bad of a topic for me at least. Maby most of my friends are girls so I here about it all of the time. If he asks why you stoped him then tell him.

Most guys I know haven't freaked on the topic. Of course, some guys are so blase about it, they REALLY don't care and err, don't see why you might not be real comfortable having sex on your cycle! I know at least one of my mates had a "code phrase" she'd use when they'd go out at the beginning of the night so he'd have his expectations in line with the timing... something she could say in front of people without embarrassment, "honey, my toe hurts a bit tonight." LOL I know, but it saved her being embarrassed, and him a few cold showers!

Must guys do understand this, so it's not as big an issue as you might think. The older they get, the more they understand though, so age makes a difference. I would advise though, that before you start fooling around, that you make him aware of what the situation is, it'll make it easier on him and on you for that matter. But if you get carried away, then explain it gently. Let him know you don't want to stop what you're doing, but that you don't think you can go any further tonight because it's just that time of the month.

Just so you know, there is still quite a bit you can do, if you feel up to it. You can still play around with him for example, but I know that most women don't really feel this is right for some reason. You can ask him to stay above the waist. This is a great time for him to concentrate on his kissing technique, not just on the lips, but other parts of your face, neck, shoulders, etc. A good time for him to give you a back rub, and gentle caresses too.

Depending on how close you are to your guy, and how strongly you feel about various things, it is possible to take a shower together and still enjoy it. Some may think this really gross, but once you get past the notion that what is going on is a perfectly normal thing to have happen every month, and there's nothing actually "wrong" in you having a period in the first place, you can work around it a bit more easily.

Well...

It's not necessarily impossible to have sex during that time of the month. In fact, it's even safer. But it's up to you whether you want to have sex (it is recommend to wear a condom bc of the mess) or not. There is nothing wrong with explaining it to the guy just the way you told us (it's that time of the month). He'll understand. It's plain, direct and simple and it doesn't sound too "shocking"