Too early for wrinkles!!

So I've noticed that there are wrinkles/fine lines/whatever you want to call it around my lower eye area. Is that even possible at 21??? Please tell me I'm not alone!

I don't know when they appeared. They might have been there for years and I just didn't pay attention.

Uh anyway... my question is.. is it ok to start using eye creams? I asked my mom and she said no, because eye creams are supposed to stimulate collagen growth and that makes your skin less able to make its own collagen. Is that true? I have NO idea whether to buy some or not...

If my mom is wrong, and eye creams do not have such an effect, can anyone recommend a good eye cream that will not clog your pores? My skin is breakout-prone.

Thank you to whoever answers!!!

Umm not as much as I'd like to...but I hate it. I need to get rid of this.

You know you're not to young to start using anti-wrinkle cream. I've been using it since I was 18 years old. I have a day-cream and a night-gel. I buy it from rite-aid. You can get it from any pharmacy store. It's called Aloe Vera. It's really good stuff. You might even find it in a brand you use on your face. I would suggest you stick with the same brand, as they usually use the same chemicals...

Hi, i posted something similar to this a while back check it

. i have the same problem lines around my eyes, crowsfeet, started forming when i was 19. I used to party hard back then, and had an extremely stressful freshmen year with alot of all nighters. I dont know if my aging is genetic or premature from other factors. Anyway i use just a face wash and then a face lotion after, L'oreal for men, i feel like a pansey but i cant stand to be aging faster than my average peer. I have very dry skin as well, which i now have to put of oil after i soap in the shower to not feel so dry. Is your skin dry? i think that may have contributed to my aging skin. Wait so do you think using lotion stops production of skins natural collagen, i hope not, all though i feel like my was producing any way, is there anything else that can stop collagen production?

Sun damage can do a lot of it, stress, smoking, lack of skin care in general. I noticed I was getting some fine lines on my brow and around my eyes, so I started being careful to always use a light moisturizer. I use an eye area specific moisturizer and a skin toner, my lines are gone, my skin looks better and I have no dryness issues.

Chubbiness in the face area will give you wrinkles around the eyes too because your cheek kinda poke out..lol..I'm serious...

Lol this made me laugh. I'm getting an image of a hamster now hehe.

I have been looking for some advice on this topic as well because my eyes are starting too look a bit shabby recently.

I am not sure if the OP means lines like crows feet which are at the corners of the eye, or UNDER them.

I also have them under my eyes, like these creases. But ever since I was 18 or so, maybe before. Not sure if these are wrinkles or what...

Something like this girl..

link removed

I am not sure if the OP means lines like crows feet which are at the corners of the eye, or UNDER them.

I also have them under my eyes, like thee creases. But ever since I was 18 or so, maybe before. Not sure if these are wrinkles or what...

link removed

I wish I had her eyebrows!

Is your skin dry

No it's very oily. It used to be VERY, VERY oily. Now it's just... my bangs look like I haven't washed them after two hours of touching my forehead.

Wait so do you think using lotion stops production of skins natural collagen, i hope not, all though i feel like my was producing any way, is there anything else that can stop collagen production?

I've no idea, that's why I asked

Do you smoke ?

Nope. I don't do ANYTHING that is bad for my body...uh, except bake on the sun. I guess that stops now.

My best friend moved to Hawaii in her early twenties and started getting wrinkles very early...too much sun. Do you wear good sunglasses that block the rays?

I didn't used to! But now I do. I started wearing them each time there is sun out just this past fall.

Sun damage can do a lot of it, stress, smoking, lack of skin care in general. I noticed I was getting some fine lines on my brow and around my eyes, so I started being careful to always use a light moisturizer. I use an eye area specific moisturizer and a skin toner, my lines are gone, my skin looks better and I have no dryness issues.

I guess I only have stress...and sun. Wait, so do you just use a moisturizer that is not anti-wrinkle cream? Can you give me the names of the moisturizer and the toner?

Chubbiness in the face area will give you wrinkles around the eyes too because your cheek kinda poke out..lol..I'm serious...

Umm I'm not fat oO

Believe it or not by doing isometric exercises for your face, you'll build just enough muscle to diminish those lines...

huh?

I also have them under my eyes, like these creases. But ever since I was 18 or so, maybe before. Not sure if these are wrinkles or what...

link removed

I don't see anything there!

I sure hope this will go away once I start using creams. And my skin ALWAYS undergoes dryness because I still get acne... it's not nearly as bad as it used to be, thanks to accutane...but it's there, so I use tons of salicylic acid cleansers and toners and lotions. I can't exactly decide whether it's better to be wrinkle-free or acne-free.

Nope. I don't do ANYTHING that is bad for my body...uh, except bake on the sun. I guess that stops now.

There's your problem...baking in the sun is so bad for you! Not only because it will cause wrinkles, but it can also cause skin cancer if you're not careful. Your're still young but keep it up and your skin is going to look like leather.

There's your problem...baking in the sun is so bad for you! Not only because it will cause wrinkles, but it can also cause skin cancer if you're not careful. Your're still young but keep it up and your skin is going to look like leather.

I won't! I promise!!! Please tell me that if I stop now (and I will! 100%!) then my skin won't get any worse???

I use link removed around my eyes, I have really bad dark circles and dryness. This is the only stuff I've found that doesn't make my eyes puffy or cause irritation, I have sensitive skin and eyes.

I use link removed on the rest of my skin. Its a light moisturizer with SPF. I like it because it doesn't clog my pours, so I use it at night and during the day.

For really bad dry spots on my brow (my wrinkle zone), I'll use link removed.

For me, I think my wrinkles were from dry skin and chapping. My skin still has break outs and I've never had luck with other products like I've had with these. I make sure to use them every day and have really seen a good result. I'm also really careful of using SPF45 or 50 and wearing a hat when I'm out.

I won't! I promise!!! Please tell me that if I stop now (and I will! 100%!) then my skin won't get any worse???

Well, you will get some wrinkles as you age, but sun causes more unnecessary damage than anything else. The other wrinkles just come from life; laughlines etc., nothing to be afraid of

Try to wear hand lotion with a strong sunscreen too and reapply a few times a day. Use rubber gloves when you're using any harsh cleaning supplies or even washing the dishes. Start now and you'll have beautiful hands when you get older instead of wrinkly, veiny old claws. lol

Well, you will get some wrinkles as you age, but sun causes more unnecessary damage than anything else. The other wrinkles just come from life; laughlines etc., nothing to be afraid of

Try to wear hand lotion with a strong sunscreen too and reapply a few times a day. Use rubber gloves when you're using any harsh cleaning supplies or even washing the dishes. Start now and you'll have beautiful hands when you get older instead of wrinkly, veiny old claws. lol

I'm going to spend all summer in Florida, and will be mostly outside, so it won't help.. but I'm not going to tan. I wonder if I should apply 15 spf or more on my face, because like I mentioned before, my skin is acne-prone and all the moisturizers/sunscreens that I am not afraid of using are 15 spf.

O.M.G. my hands get SO dry in the winter! Once I forgot to use a hand cream for a few days and it HURT when I finally put it on! I will find some spf for that too when I go to FL.

Thanks for the suggestions, butterfly! I actually cannot wear hats. I think my scalp must be super sensitive or something, because hats give me a headache.

Thanks for the suggestions, butterfly! I actually cannot wear hats. I think my scalp must be super sensitive or something, because hats give me a headache.

Get a bigger hat! Don't wear it if its tight. A big straw hat that covers your face and weighs nothing. I wear ball caps with the tab in the back to adjust it to fit my head, I wear them loose so they don't put any pressure on my temples.

For my hands I use Bag Balm, I wear gloves over it and sleep with it on. Works great and its cheap.

Archived