• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i talked to that girl all day through txt yesterday and she wanted to add me to facebook...

wow, i hadn't been on there in months. good thing my profile was set to private tho... i had to suck it up, i logged in and proceeded to delete all the wall postings, pictures and videos me and michelle had and also remove her and her friends from my friend list. i was surprised to see she still had the pics and messages on her page (not that i checked but could tell from the picture tags)

maybe its the strength of having the possibility of someone new that made it not hard or maybe i've finally taken her off the pedestal, but deleting everything wasn't as hard as i thought it might be.. it was still hard in waiting for the pages to finish processing and reading everything and looking at the pictures and remembering, but it was ok. or maybe it was the fact that she still has everything listed on her page. or i dunno..

i guess things might be looking up again, we'll see

This Saturday I met my ex in the night club.

We were talking, some guys approached. He asked who it was. He is very jealous, even we are not together.

I felt nothing for him.(he left me)

Within 4 days it is going to be 8 months we are not together. I feel great. Pain disappeared. NC halped so much.

That night he saw me, I was well dressed, happy, with plenty of new friends, and several guys interested in me.

It's been several days he did not initiate contact(he always does). Probably he's angry with me(he is always when I "flirt" with others). Within 3 days he is having some surgery. I'll text him after it pass, to chech if he's ok. I always act polite, and did ever since we broke up.

Hey, I am ok. I feel no pain lately. The best thing is just not to know what ex is doing and anything about him.

I'm really happy for you bud. I'm glad that you are having good time and are not stuck on the whole depression and sadness stage.

I think i felt like you at one point when I too had a girl that was interested in me... It just felt like... there is life after this breakup. But that soon switched on me...

Past couple of days I feel like I'm back into the hole. She's been sending me emails every day telling me crap that just kept kicking me back to the beginning. How she wants to see me, misses me, all that crap. I can't deal with this anymore... I felt good for some time and now i'm feeling wortheless and with no desire for anything all over again.

I don't understand it at all... I haven't been going out again because i just don't feel like it... Nothing fills this empty void to have someone and be in a relationship. I want that so bad but i just feel like there is no-one out there. I'm just so impatiant and anxious for something to happen, but nothing is.

Deep down i know i'm not ready for a relationship, but i know that i can't go on like this either. I hate being single and alone... I hate it with passion. Everything i have and everything i bought recently was just waste of money and time because nothing made it better... Maybe it did for a little bit, but then i thought of her and it all went to hell.

I'm really not happy alone... I know that's a problem, but i can't help it. Hanging out with friends doesn't help either because i can't enjoy it when i'm so screwed up over these thoughts.... Damn it... I don't understand why am i feeling all this after 2 and a half months.

R

I'm doing a lot better. I have actually been enjoying music, tv shows, my job, etc. I can't believe how much progress I have made in just over a month of being broken up. I am especially proud of myself for keeping strong despite the fact that my ex has been randomly contacting me since early February for useless, finance related things that the either already knew (at least I told him about these things before he left) or should have found out on his own. I haven't let that push me back into a hole, though. I feel he is fishing or a reaction and I won't give it to him. I won't give him back the power I have taken from him. I just hope I continue this strong. I won't lie, I have my days--you know the ones, where you cry, feel like cr@p, think of whom they are with, etc.--but they are getting fewer in number as time passes. I thank God for this as I am religious and have been praying a lot. He has really given me the peace, strength, and patience to make it out of the woods. I am starting to see a little light. I just hope that lasts.

Robert...I'm so sorry you're feeling bad today. You know that it's the emails that are have this effect on you. Is there anyway you can block her emails? Whenever she contacts you she puts you almost back to square one. Don't allow her to do this to you....you've been doing so well up until now.

Robert...I'm so sorry you're feeling bad today. You know that it's the emails that are have this effect on you. Is there anyway you can block her emails? Whenever she contacts you she puts you almost back to square one. Don't allow her to do this to you....you've been doing so well up until now.

This is true. You should probably block her email. It's not doing you any good. I know whenever I get a message from my ex, no matter how random and stupid it is, it makes me feel sad. Block her emails and you will feel better.

I did block her email... she created another one and sent the same crap over... I opened it because i didn't know who it was from... She created 3 different emails and i blocked all of them...

It's the curiosity in me that keeps reading them... As soon as i open them i see it's her... now i know i should just delete it and move on, but i can't. The progress i made up until these couple of days was because i didn't have any contact with her... I know this is probably the reason i'm feeling all down but it almost seems unreal that she would go through making new emails just to mess with me.

Times like this makes me feel like i'll never get over this relationship and that this pain and these weird feelings will never go away. It's so unbelivable how the emotions can bring a person down...

It is amazing what they will do to keep us from moving on. They are so selfish that when they sense us pulling away, they pick at the scab to expose the wound so that we feel the pain again. I am sorry she is doing this. I do understand your curiosity, though. I feel the same way whenever my ex sends me a message. All I can tell you is that you should be strong and not read them. Keep blocking her and don't read them. That's what is making you feel like you won't ever heal. Beat the curiosity. You were doing so well and you can do it again.

It's unreal that she'd keep changing her email address, that's so inconsiderate of her. Have you every sent her anything saying "Do not contact me ever again-I've moved on and have no interest in speaking to you". Maybe it's time to do that.

Robert, the pain and weird feelings will go away. In reality it hasn't been all that long since your break up and you've actually been doing really well, except when she gets in touch with you. Hang in there bud...it's temporary.

I didn't say it exactly like that... but something similar... She didn't care. I know these setbacks are temporary, but i swear it feels worse then at the beginning... At least at the beginning i knew it just happened so it was ok to feel this way.. but now it just plain old sucks.

I hate it that i'm wasting my time and my life on something like this... It's not fair that i need to go through this even after 2... almost three months. A week ago, i kept seeing some of the posts of different people going through what i've been through and kept saying it gets better, just give it some time... now i don't believe any of it. I feel like the times i was better was all fake and i was pushing all these feelings down and faking it.

I don't know... I need to waste more time I gues... What a wonderfull life this is

I think you've reached the same plateau I am fighting against. Right now I feel that I am going nowhere. Sometimes I feel totally helpless and hopeless. It doesn't help that my ex also unnecessarily contacts me. Nevertheless, I have started to make progress again. It's hard to get out of that plateau, but not impossible. Keep doing things as before and slowly but surely you will begin to see progress again. Don't give up and don't let her chip away at your progress!

The same thing happened to me. Remember last week I was saying how angry I was? I'd been doing great for ages, then all of a sudden a week of intense anger. It's gone now...I don't have any idea what caused it, I think a dream...anyway, it was temporary and now I'm back to normal again. Go figure

So...I know right now that you don't believe anything about giving it some time, but in my case it was just some weird little bump that's gone. Maybe it'll be the same for you. I hope!

I remember you going through the anger stage and i'm glad you're over it. Dreams will do that to me sometimes as well.

I haven't slept good since friday though... I'm having hard time staying asleep... i wake up and then i can't fall asleep again... I swear it all feels like the beginning...

I know it will get better again... I know that, but i thought that i was already over it and all done with it. Boy was I wrong...

Try not to get down about it...you've come so far!!!! You're still doing waaay better than you were when you first started posting. Remember? You were pretty messed up and now look how much you've been able to help people here. It's gonna be okay...just keep telling yourself it's only temporary. Stay strong Robert

The not sleeping is not good and might be why things are having a deeper impact on you. Everything feels worse when you're not getting enough rest. It might be worth picking up something not too strong like Nyquil, just to get you back on track.

You have come so far Robert! I think of these times as relapses myself. You get away from all the stress and heartache... finally see the light at the end of the tunnel or sometimes even get there. Then they write again. They call again. Etc. My ex is notorious for this. I'm finally to the point of not hating him, not blaming him, accepting this, and being able to talk to him briefly I guess. And it's not phasing me.

I think one thing that has helped me the most is getting to know others, getting in touch with my old friends, and most importantly, getting in touch with myself again. Quiet days are sometimes hard but I just put myself into doing projects like cleaning closets and such. Those are mellow days and weird but good in a way. I never thought I'd get to this point.

Thank you both for the support... I don't know what i would do without this site and some of you... It's just awsome knowing there are people out there that care enough to spend couple of minutes and write couple of sentences that would make another person feel better.

I realize that these setbacks are caused because she emailed me and wrote all the things i wanted to hear 2 months ago... But not now... I didn't want to read those things now because it doesn't make any difference at this point. "Just when i think i'm out, They pull me back in"... That's how i feel.

I even had a dream last night about her... It just felt so real... then I woke up and couldn't sleep again... Kept looking at the clock and i knew i had to go to work in three hours but i still couldn't sleep.

It's a setback, i know it, but it's my fault for letting it get to me. I need to start from the beginning again and go cold turkey on this whole thing. I'm gonna go out this weekend, no matter how much i don't feel like it... I just have to. I need to stop wasting my life on something that will never happen....

Archived