Sometimes I guess we were just plain wrong...

I had an appointment today and afterwards, went to get some lunch where the ex and I used to hang out. I went to the restroom and as I was standing getting ready to dry my hands, I thought, "Hmmm, the last time I was here, I was quite happy and content and was thinking how lucky I was to FINALLY be in a loving long-term relationship."

Then I snapped back into reality and just kinda smirked to myself and the thought process changed to, "Wow, I guess you were just wrong...".

So, I started to think (not so much as in blaming, or that she did not love me at the time), but how many times has someone thought someone or some relationship was going a certain way, only to find out the relationship was doomed OR worse yet, that someone was not who you thought they were?

Anyway, just something that popped into my crazy brain...;-)

Can totally relate to this! I will see/hear something that reminds me of the ex and think back to when things were better. Like with Valentine's Day approaching...arrrgh...I think back to last Valentine's Day, when I was on cloud nine with an amazing new boyfriend.

I think this happens to everyone...you think you've met The One and things couldn't be better, and then overnight, everything changes and/or you see a totally new side of the person. It's no fun!

^^I often get those "last time I was here/in this situation/doing this and I was still with the ex..." feelings in some situations too. Definitely kind of bittersweet, but you just have to try to force them out of your mind and remember that you're in new situations everyday having new experiences and making new memories yourself.

Archived