AWKWARD Situation: How To Deal?

This is going to sound juvenile, but deal with it. My problem is that I have major issues talking to people (not just guys, but mostly) under most (if not all) circumstances.

The one incident that happened today really alerted me to my problem. I wait with my friend and her two friends (both boys) My friend (who isn't exactly my best friend but i've known her awhile) was paying a lot more atttention to her friend than me (they were having some sort of 'fight' over a pencil, i think... whatever. doesn't matter.) i felt really awkward just standing on the sidelines, stiff as a, well, pencil, while i was basically watching their fight and trying to laugh along. Um, not exactly a desirable position to be in. I felt left out, but i didn't mind not being paid all that much attention to.

what would have been the best way to make this situation less awkward for me? I know my description is a bit fuzzy, just ask if you're confused I mgiht be able to word myself better.

Hey Ann,

i can relate to this situation , where u feel that the the other persons arent really paying attention or wouldnt care if u werent there;

See next time if it happens, here how u should deal with it ;

be proactive ..take part in the conversations , Fight for attention , act a little impulse dont be so conscious..like hmm

in this case u should have gone and grabbed the pencil and said ill decide who gets it

i know ur proably shy ...BUT ITS U WHOS HOLDING URSELF BACK AND NO ONE ELSE!! liek where u dont mid not having the attention, but it does bother u otherwise u wouldnt post it here!

IT COULD BE SHYNESS, LOW SELF OPINION , ESTEEM

U HAVE TO TAKE AN INTEREST IN WHAT THE PEOPLE ARE DOING OR SAYING TO MAKE THEM TAKE A INTEREST IN U!!

SELL UR SELF AS A INTERESTING PERSON BY SHOWING GENUINE ENTHUSIASM AND INTEREST IN THE OTHER PERSONS PROBLEM OR ACTIVITY AND THEY WILL INVOLVE U

GOOD LUCK ..CHEERS shyguy

Greetings

Well I kinda agree with shyguy here, just be yourself and express your emotions more freely. If you feel bored, etc make sure your friends will know about that Well you can tell them - hey guys I feel kinda ... let`s play pool, chess, tennis. If they are real friends they will understand how you feel and will cheer you up. And if they are not, well I would`t bother then

Just my opinion.

Osiris.