Am I facing competition or is she just being nice to him?

RedPenguin

Ok in my class, there is this girl that's I'm interested in.

Now, I noticed in class her with a mesmerized look over in my direction over and over no matter where she sat.

So during break my friend and I started to talk to her, she always seems to get bored with what he's saying and not really look at him while he's talking, but she will watch me the entire time I talk, and laughs at all of my jokes, even ones that were not stand-up material, even when my friend wasn't laughing.

He invited her to his party, which I'm going to be at also, and she said yes, and at first she looked at him, looking like maybe she couldn't make it, then I swear she looked at me, than suddenly was like, she can request a day off work, LoL.

She exchanged number really easily, with him, but I got my info in there also.

She got extremely nervous when I said she was pretty, but when he said it, again, I could be wrong, but she didn't seem to like it as much.

I noticed while talking, even when my friend was kinda ignoring me, she caught every word I said, when my friend was sometimes clueless, LoL.

Should I really worry about this friend? I mean, I've talked to some people already, and they seem to believe that chances are, she probably goes for me, but just wants to make sure she's ok with my friends.

What do you all think?

O

Does your friend know that you like this girl?

He should back off if you told him from the get go. Don't let this girl get between you two. Not worth losing a friend over.

Sounds to me like you need to make a move on this girl already. Ask her to a movie. She sounds interested.

Yes, but my friend is one of those guy's that will really not let girls go. He has Asemburger's Disease, and no matter what a girl tells him, he will not leave her alone.

She can flat out say she has a boyfriend, which is a huge sign to any guy, STOP, but he says he only wants to be friends, then ends up practically hitting on her, even if he claims he's not.

I told him about me liking the girl, and he's like, let her choose who she wants. I swear that's exactly what he said.

EDIT:

Oh and when I was talking to her, she had the same look at me, when she looks at me in class, like a mesmerized look, like this:

I have to laugh because for a while she looked similar to this guy's look:

link removed

HaHa

When I was talking to her with my friend, she actually once just seemed to get lost in me or something, even continued looking right at me even while my friend was talking, like she was hypnotized, then like 30 seconds later, she seemed to "snap-out" of it.

Do you mean Asperger's?

I think this is'nt really worth losing your friendship over. Maybe you should just wait until the party and just see what happens. Don't mention it to your friend anymore. You've made it clear you like her, and he's made a childish remark about it when in the end, she may just want to be friends with you guys.

You're just gonna have to wait

Do you mean Asperger's?

I think this is'nt really worth losing your friendship over. Maybe you should just wait until the party and just see what happens. Don't mention it to your friend anymore. You've made it clear you like her, and he's made a childish remark about it when in the end, she may just want to be friends with you guys.

You're just gonna have to wait

Yea, you are right. I guess I just never went after a girl that my friend wanted also. Normally my friends are not around when I go for a girl. Also, I mean Asperger's.

Oh and I completely do not want to lose my friendship over it at all, I'm just trying to be careful with him, because say for example she did like me, I don't really know how he would act. If he acts like how he does with the other girls, he probably would continue to hit on her even though he would know for a fact she's taken.

I guess I'm just a preparer for the future.

If you've never had a situation where your friends have liked the same girl, it may be that if it does come down to her liking you, then your friend will surprise you and back off.

I already think that considering you both like her, that maybe you should both bakc off a little. But I don't see that happening lol

Whens the party? thats gonna be the best time to make her feel welcome, have fun, laugh and get to know her a little =)

Does your friend know that you like this girl?

He should back off if you told him from the get go. Don't let this girl get between you two. Not worth losing a friend over.

Sounds to me like you need to make a move on this girl already. Ask her to a movie. She sounds interested.

Yes, that what I wish and plan to do. I will not see her again until Friday, so I gotta wait, but see my friend is known to make up lies.

I don't think he would say any lies about me to her, until I see her, but see he's capable of it.

So I guess I'm just a little worried about stuff. He has a Therapeutic Staff Support person, that will even tell you, he's a classic known lier. He got thrown out of a college after 1 day because he wouldn't leave a girl alone, and then asked people what pills to mix to commit suicide.

I know he probably wouldn't do that stuff again, but with him it is a big worry. Even if she likes neither of us, he's so happy he got her number, that I feel I need to watch him.

I disagree, talk to this friend about YOU liking her, if he keeps pushing onto her, then is he really a friend? A friend is someone who will respect and support you, not take advantage and cheat, reconsider all the options.

With that said, only time can tell whats up with this girl. unfortunately, I have had girls talk to me or lack-thereof, only to find you they really liked me. Some girls will be shy around guys they like or try to act cool, it sounds like this situation might go either way, but as i said, just be cool and give it time.

Yes, that what I wish and plan to do. I will not see her again until Friday, so I gotta wait, but see my friend is known to make up lies.

I don't think he would say any lies about me to her, until I see her, but see he's capable of it..

Man this isn't a friend... this guy is more like a 'business partner' watching out for his own a$$. Again tell him how you feel about her, and if can't respect that, than forget his friendship and let the games begin, good luck.

`vneck

I disagree, talk to this friend about YOU liking her, if he keeps pushing onto her, then is he really a friend? A friend is someone who will respect and support you, not take advantage and cheat, reconsider all the options.

With that said, only time can tell whats up with this girl. unfortunately, I have had girls talk to me or lack-thereof, only to find you they really liked me. Some girls will be shy around guys they like or try to act cool, it sounds like this situation might go either way, but as i said, just be cool and give it time.

I don't understand your English on that one. Did you just accidentally do a typo?

Oh now I understand. I never ever get girls approaching me, LoL.

I'm surprised this time, that the girl actually didn't blow either my friend or me off, and actually treated us both with respect. (Believe me, him mostly, but I also get people treating us like human garbage, mainly from High School, but some after).

But I know, that anything can pan out to be anything, so I agree, I just gotta wait to see what happens.

That's probably what's going to happen, because he doesn't seem to care that I like her. LoL.

That's probably the healthiest of scenarios.

Unless either of you ends up having a relationship with her, you cannot mark your territory simply because you're interested.

Make sure you leave your feelings out of the picture until something concrete happens.

Good luck!

Speaking of facing competition and being nice, does anyone here have a "strict" mother?

My mother has seen me through some annoying girls that treated me like s*** and helped out me out situations of girls that were not for me.

But now, I think mainly because of her bad life with men, and her seeing so many not-good young women, (She's seen young girls who lie about having sex and being raped, and stuff, also having a girl in our family that lied about being forced really scares her), so now she's basically paranoid about any girl I'm with.

I mean, I'm not saying, this girl and I are going to get married, especially since I can't say for a fact she likes me, but if she does, I really like her so far and she's the only girl I ever met that truly gave me respect and seems to give a s*** about me. So I can't stand it, that my mother can say anything like, she's not attractive or she's not worth it. She literally states, "F*** Girls (Not in a sexual way, in an ignore way), money's most important." but I think mainly because of all the idiot guys she ran in to. I know for a fact, some of the guys she ran into, she never really met Prince Charming (I don't mean looks wise here).

My mother feels that she has to be a w**** because she was maybe on MySpace at 16-17, but she only seemed to use it like one time and only has the MySpace Tom guy on there.

Can a mother who's scorn just say a girl's unattractive just to make you stop going for that girl? She says that for every girl I go for. Now how can possibly every girl I go for, be unattractive in her eyes? That makes no sense to me.

She's saying this girl: link removed (Left) is unattractive but I find here completely attractive and having a "bangin" personality.

Yes, you are right, I plan on doing that, I just annoyed that I only see her every Friday, but hopefully since the party is soon, I will be able to talk to her alone, but my friend is that type, that even if I want to talk to her, he gets on her. He just can't stop talking, LoL. But still I will make sure somehow that I get my chance.

Well actually, she exchanged numbers with my friend, because he has a cell phone and I don't, but she basically gave it to both of us.

But maybe it's not so bad, because I think I need more practice talking to women in person, not hiding behind a phone or something. I don't want to resort to hiding behind a phone/computer.

I know the last comment may sound odd, but I tend to do it if I can, so I want to get away from that habit.

Well actually, she exchanged numbers with my friend, because he has a cell phone and I don't, but she basically gave it to both of us.

But maybe it's not so bad, because I think I need more practice talking to women in person, not hiding behind a phone or something. I don't want to resort to hiding behind a phone/computer.

I know the last comment may sound odd, but I tend to do it if I can, so I want to get away from that habit.

sounds like she gave it to your friend. not 'us'.

She didn't exchange phone numbers with you because you have no cell phone? Come on...

The more I read about this, the more I think something's not quite right.

You wrote a lot about how she seems bored by your "friend". So much that I wonder if you're not trying to convince yourself that you're "better" than him.

Stop overanalyzing things. What counts is how she feels about YOU.

Archived