She was violated, so they got violated.

Russ

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way. Serial rapists have uncontrollable urges that don't just disappear when they have a victim who fights back. If anything, it enrages them more for the next time.

Plus, that's a different scenario- a woman should fight back if she is being raped, if she's able to fight back, but the o.p.'s situation was not self-defense. It was after the fact, premeditated, and based on conjecture.

i was just saying. if i was getting raped if i had the chance, i would shoot the guy.. lethally. that would be a big deterrant.

As for the OP's post.. only time will tell the outcome of it. I can't really say what he did was a good or bad idea. If i was in that situation i wouldnt really know what i would have done.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i was just saying. if i was getting raped if i had the chance, i would shoot the guy.. lethally. that would be a big deterrant.

As for the OP's post.. only time will tell the outcome of it. I can't really say what he did was a good or bad idea. If i was in that situation i wouldnt really know what i would have done.

Well, obviously death is a deterrent. That goes without saying. I misunderstood your post, my apologies. I thought you were suggesting that fighting back during a rape would make a rapist think twice the next time.

I'm not sure when it is ever a good idea to do something dangerous, illegal, and unjustified [outside of the obvious self-defense situations].

Well, obviously death is a deterrent. That goes without saying. I misunderstood your post, my apologies. I thought you were suggesting that fighting back during a rape would make a rapist think twice the next time.

I'm not sure when it is ever a good idea to do something dangerous, illegal, and unjustified [outside of the obvious self-defense situations].

lol, no. Stabbing and shooting a rapist is what i would like to see. I would like it if predators didnt see women as prey, harmless bunnies.. i want to see some teeth, and i would like rapists to see some teeth too. Let them understand that we can be dangerous. I knew a girl who got a "rape whistle" she brought it up once.. i said "if you were getting raped dont you think a knife would come more in handy than a whistle??"

this reminds me of the guy in (texas??) who shot the two dudes robbing his neighbors house. Even i had to question if that was justified.. but in this case i think (especially with a shotgun) he could have managed to wound the suspects instead of killing them such as leg shots. That would have been justified in my book. And if the owner was there then a fatal shot from the owner would have been in order. That seems fair.

Laws take away our (law abiting citizens) ability to protect our livelihood.

Shame.

this reminds me of the guy in (texas??) who shot the two dudes robbing his neighbors house. Even i had to question if that was justified.. but in this case i think (especially with a shotgun) he could have managed to wound the suspects instead of killing them such as leg shots. That would have been justified in my book. And if the owner was there then a fatal shot from the owner would have been in order. That seems fair.

Laws take away our (law abiting citizens) ability to protect our livelihood.

Shame.

My apologies to Russ for hijacking his thread.

What's wrong with calling the police while a neighbor's house is being robbed? What if a bystander had been shot/killed while this guy was shooting at these people? And what if they weren't robbers at all?

Laws do not take away anything, for the most part. It is an imperfect system, but I don't think that people running around shooting at each other is a better way.

This is heading towards the slippery slope of gun control, so I'm going to bow out now.

My apologies to Russ for hijacking his thread.

What's wrong with calling the police while a neighbor's house is being robbed? What if a bystander had been shot/killed while this guy was shooting at these people? And what if they weren't robbers at all?

Laws do not take away anything, for the most part. It is an imperfect system, but I don't think that people running around shooting at each other is a better way.

This is heading towards the slippery slope of gun control, so I'm going to bow out now.

yep i am out on this too. Sorry OP for hijacking.

Regards.

Ya, that's kind of extreme. Your friend ran off and left her all alone, that's pretty bad.

What if they decide to retaliate? That could cause huge problems.

I mean, they only called her names. Who hasn't been called names?

Anywho, this guy I know and his friends, beat up with boy who was talking his female cousin.

He and his friends beat the guy into a coma. I hear that the guy was in a coma for 5 days and now he is terrified of women.

Stuff like that can go too far.

I mean, in your case, I definitely think you guys were more in the wrong. It's not like you were trying to protect her. It was after the fact and you guys tracked them down and beat them up.

If anything they could file charges against you. They'd win considering the fact that they were only calling her names.

Stuff like that is complicated.

But what you did doesn't really shock me. That's just how guys are. A male family member found out about my rape, and was so upset he intended on murdering my rapist.

It's flattering to know that people love you enough to risk going to jail for you, but it's sad you know?

Because what does it accomplish in the end? Nothing. It's just violence on top of violence.

And like, in this case, who's likely to get in trouble? You guys, it's just not worth it.

Now if you guys were there, and they tried to attack her, buy all means take them down. Otherwise.....it's just a bad thing.

Even now you seem to feel guilty about it, it's just not good.

I'm here. Just saying, none of this ever happened. Dude is lying, and is bragging about it because he is trying to make himself out to be something he's not. link removed
Moderator Note:

What evidence do you have that he is lying?

Oh, no. I completely understand. Bragging on an internet forum, you know, raises the self-esteem quite a lot

Especially with people I'm never going to meet. Makes perfect sense.

Anyways, as an update, I'm feeling better about this. It's in the past, and no, nothing has happened, or is going to happen. I still get angry when I think about what they said to her, but hey, it's not always a bad idea to have on-call rage.

Archived