I'm not sure if this is good or bad news. Me and the ex have been texting each other for the past week or so and she's usally the first one to send something even if it is every two days-bear in my mind we've done the no contact thing for 3 months.

The thing is the ex went for a drink with one of my best friends the other day and told her that she really misses me and would love to be friends with me again and then get back together my friend said she was talking about me all night and wanted her to pass the message on to me

Of course I was soooooooooooo happy when I heard this so my friend arranged for us all to meet up for a drink the ex agreed to this..the bad news is the ex never came she didn't even bother to let my friend know although she did text me saying sadly she had to much work on but would be good to see me I didn't reply I thought if she wanted to see me that bad she would of arranged a time and a place right? after all it was her who finished with me so I guess it's up to her.

Am I getting my hopes up for nothing? I am playing it really cool and not pushing anything. It just feels like she regreted telling my friend all those things. I am very confused some feedback would be helpful

I would act as if nothing has happened.Act and think like you havent spoken to her,and like nothing was arranged for that night.

The fact remains is that she stood you up,and i expect you did get your hopes up for that one night,even if it was just a little bit.If you dwell on this it will only bring all those horrible post break - up feelings to the surface and will only upset you.-If you arent waiting around for her,then you are in a win/win situation,coz you will be getting on with your life,and if something does happen,it will be nothing more than a bonus,and if it doesnt well then you havent lost anything.

Just dont put all your efforts into this girl for the time being,until if/when you know that something definate is going to happen.I know how tempting it can be to want to really make an effort and win them over,but if you do this you are setting yourself up for saddness because you are holding onto false hope.-Shes already proved that perhaps shes confused about what she wants,but theres no need for her to hurt you in the process of her making up her mind.

I wish you luck and strength,dont let her bring you down bud.

The other posts are correct, keep your cool. Don't get angry, and don't expect things to jump off the starting line too fast. She may not know what your reaction to her doing this may be, and thus may be VERY nervous about meeting with you. From her end, there may be just as many expectations, and she may be afraid of getting hurt also. If it is something you think you can do without hurting yourself, I'd suggest letting things go at her pace. Show interest when she invites you out, but don't be super focused on it. Don't rush things.

Best Wishes

Thanks for the tips your all right these thing's take time and l can't push it the fact she said all of that stuff is only a good sign.

I've waited this long so I guess I can wait longer but I'll keep doing my thing for now. It's so hard though