Happy Birthday to me... again.

CynicalGuitarist

That's right, come Friday evening, I officially turn 20 years old. I'm really not much looking forward to it... but y'know.... there goes another year of no accomplishment. I feel like there's just not enough time. I'm growing older way too fast... it's not like I can go back and correct what's wrong with my life. Sometimes I wish I could've traveled back in time to when I was 13, and told myself "shut up, stop being rebellious, get back and line, and deal with the bullcrap!" but then again, the other half is saying "no time like the future!" I'm hoping I have at least a little more time to get a band started and get my career as a singer off the road this year... 'cause it's kind of too late to get support and encouragement from most of my peers. Most people look at me like I'm crazy and am never gonna make it when I tell them I'm gonna sing in a band and we're gonna change art. Oh well, I'd rather fail doing what I love than succeed at doing what I'm forced to do. Sure, I suck terribly at college, still live at home, can't do anything right, and work minimum wage 6 days a week; still not making enough to move out on my own... but I guess it's better than droning away in some existence everyone else thinks I should follow just because I'm getting older.

ah well, ya know what they say "life is but a dream"

I've got a chock full of existential depression still lingering on... but that's for another day.

Here's to another year, ENA homies/homegirls.

Happy Birthday man.

You're only 20. don't worry, you got a long way to go.

If you want a good life, then maybe you should consider joining the service?

Free college. Free housing if you live on base and when you retire, you get the best money benifits and everything.

Best deciision you could ever make. If I wasn't haveing a child right now, i'd do it.

Happy Birthday man.

You're only 20. don't worry, you got a long way to go.

If you want a good life, then maybe you should consider joining the service?

Free college. Free housing if you live on base and when you retire, you get the best money benifits and everything.

Best deciision you could ever make. If I wasn't haveing a child right now, i'd do it.

The only downside to that is my ADHD, squeamishness, and the fact that... oh, I dunno, that I might DIE IN A FREAKING WAR FOR A "LEADER" WHO DOESNT GIVE A DAMN! Worse than dying, tho, is getting a limb or other body part torn off, living with losing one or more of the five senses, suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, and breathing in some of that oh-so-benificial depleted uranium in some poison gas field in Iraq.

I've got a buddy in the service right now, whose a field medic in Iraq, and he's already told me "Don't join, man."

Don't get me wrong though, I think pacifists are just as bad as the "nothing better than the military" gung-ho crowd.

Skipping the fryer bit, I just don't think the service is even close to similar to my dreams.

The only downside to that is my ADHD, squeamishness, and the fact that... oh, I dunno, that I might DIE IN A FREAKING WAR FOR A "LEADER" WHO DOESNT GIVE A DAMN! Worse than dying, tho, is getting a limb or other body part torn off, living with losing one or more of the five senses, suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, and breathing in some of that oh-so-benificial depleted uranium in some poison gas field in Iraq.

I've got a buddy in the service right now, whose a field medic in Iraq, and he's already told me "Don't join, man."

Don't get me wrong though, I think pacifists are just as bad as the "nothing better than the military" gung-ho crowd.

Skipping the fryer bit, I just don't think the service is even close to similar to my dreams.

Just because you join doesn't nessesarly man you gotta be in iraq. You could live on a air craft carrier. There are over 200 jobs in the army and half of them don't require being in iraq.

once again, happy birthday!

Just because you join doesn't nessesarly man you gotta be in iraq. You could live on a air craft carrier. There are over 200 jobs in the army and half of them don't require being in iraq.

once again, happy birthday!

Hm... so why is it that said friend whose a field medic in Iraq has had bullets nearly hit him and carries around a loaded weapon? I don't support this whole "war on terror" anyways... so I'd kind of be fighting against what I believe in.

"Yes, I know my enemies! They're the teachers that told me to fight me!" - Zach de la Roche

Hm... so why is it that said friend whose a field medic in Iraq has had bullets nearly hit him and carries around a loaded weapon? I don't support this whole "war on terror" anyways... so I'd kind of be fighting against what I believe in.

"Yes, I know my enemies! They're the teachers that told me to fight me!" - Zach de la Roche

You can be in the navy?

They rarely see any action.

Maybe operate on a air craft carrier.

Submarine.

They never see anything.

It's all free and you're doing a good thing for your country.

and best of all, you'll live lol

You can be in the navy?

They rarely see any action.

Maybe operate on a air craft carrier.

Submarine.

They never see anything.

It's all free and you're doing a good thing for your country.

and best of all, you'll live lol

Never see anything? My dad (god rest his soul) was in the Vietnam war... in the navy. It's not like he was in Vietnam itself, or spent most of his time on very large boats... he was stationed in Japan. He got shot in the knee and a bullet grazed his forehead. Not to mention the fact that he carried his best friend home... in a box. people think you're less-vulnerable just because you're on the water... but if your boat explodes... you don't have much of a chance of getting out unharmed. Technology is quite the double-edged sword, no?

Happy Birthday to you! *offers some cake*

You are so young with years ahead of you to attain all your dreams...

Love Lady D x

mmmmmm... cake... unless it's carrot or cheese or coconut cake.

It just seems like everyone's flying ahead of me in life; people younger than me, even... so happy with their jobs in management positions, degrees, success in school, boyfriends/girlfriends, own places to live, bright futures... I feel like I'm a racecar driver in last place... but it doesn't matter; I guess my path is different than theirs.

I'm not looking forward to twenty, i should say something positive, but then i think, what does that mean? well, most of my family seem to pop off around 60, so that's a third of my life gone in education, but then lets be positive, i'm fit and healthy, i could make it to 80, maybe longer, but then that is still about a quarter of my life gone in education

but then i think, hell, it hasn't been a bad ride so far, some bumps, but it all adds to the flavour of things, to infinity and beyond!!

Archived