What was i thinking?

frail

There is a guy at work that i'm attracted to. For the past 2 months, we have been e-mailing each other at least every 2 days. And it's usually joking, or about work, or get to know each other type of things. I had mentioned once about a month ago that we should hang out. And his reply was vague. He had mentioned once he'd have to buy me a drink. He began to physically touch me through pats on the back and the like. I thought this was a good sign that we were starting to feel more comfortable with each other. He made the effort to find me on facebook and invite me to be his friend. And that was it.

Then all of a sudden it stopped. In the past week, i hardly saw him at work, and when i did, we hardly talked. And he hasn't responded to my e-mails in about a week neither. I don't know what to think of it. I haven't sent him anything because he hasn't been responding. I don't like to have to chase people. But i wish i had a clue what the deal is.

I wouldn't say that he's not thinking about you, but considering you guys just started to get to know each other it's quite possible he's got other things going on in his life that he just hasn't shared with you. Many guys don't like women they preceive as "needy" and perhaps he sees you in that light. Tone it down a notch. Maybe you could get together in a co-worker group for drinks after work and just invite him along. That way it's not just the two of you and it puts you back a notch on the friend level.

-Kevin

it sounds to me like maybe there is some interest in his part, but for whatever reason, he has chosen not to pursue it. maybe he has someone else, maybe he is trying to get back with his ex, maybe he is single, but for whatever reason, he doesn't want to date you, because you aren't exactly what he is looking for (religion, lifestyle, etc.....) not that there is anything wrong with you, but that you are incompatible in some way.

sorry about things - i'd definitely step back and if he wants to get that drink with you, he knows how to get ahold of you.

good luck

Archived