I Hate Community College!!!!!!!!!!!

Community college does suck. I only went there because I was too depressed to do anything else.

I go there for free. Actually, I get paid to go there. I bought my car with the extra scholarship money and still have some left. Love the car, but still hate that school so much and wish I would have stopped crying and gone to a university as I was supposed to.

Looking at it in an unbiased way.....it's transfer credit which is much better than nothing. Can't be that bad.

Whats worse than the scam is the ridiculous amount of time it takes to complete a degree and the fact they're structured in such a way that it prevents students from holding proper jobs.

How so? Most of the people I knew at community college worked 20+ hours a week. Sure, it took a while, but that's only because most people at university aren't working nearly as much, and surely work takes effort away from studies and delays the process.

All I'm saying is, I think it's mostly perspective; if you don't like community college, don't expect university to be much better. Unless of course you're all about the party scene, or research projects; otherwise, they're not all that different.

• 1 year later...

Community college is cheaper, gives you more time to work- financially, you are better off- just ask me. Anyway, I went to community college because I was homeschooled and didn't have a diploma and or a transcript with all the usual high school stuff- it wasn't because I got bad grades in high school.I needed to adjust to a classroom too. I have a mixed opinion on them- the instructers are more down to earth, and often better at applying things to real life, and they don't look down on students as much as some professors at 4 year places do. Then again, there are some real jokes of instructors- it varies- I've been there.

As for what you learn- some of it is more hands on than four year, the instructors tell more stories, apply it more to real life. But some classes are a joke. It is generally more entertaining than four year college in some ways..it is easier. But you do learn more in four years generally, but it is more real life at CCs. The people.. well, I will get to that.

It's way easier. I went from a community college where I got straight As to a prestigious private college. The classes were much harder and had a great deal more to do with real life. In community college, you learn a lot of facts. At a four year college, you learn how to apply those facts to real life. I am now in Grad School which is all about the application to your chosen career.

Archived