post-wedding depression

I've been married three months, a month of which was spent on honeymoon. Since we got back from the honeymoon I have been really depressed and can't seem to shake it, even though I love my husband. I feel like there are no milestones to look forward to any more, except having a baby, which I know we're not ready for yet. Does anyone have any advice?

You're married, you have a good husband, and soon you will bear his children, but life isn't over yet. Aren't you looking forward to your children's future, their graduation, their success, aren't you looking forward to their marriages and your grand children?

now that you are married, you have someone beside you to share that happiness with you, to share everything that you love and admire with the one you love.

Your goal now is to raise your children healthy and make sure they can provide themselves with a good life and plenty of love for you.

• 9 months later...

I am in a similar position. I have been married for almost 4 months now, and I feel depressed and isolated. The best advice I can give is to talk to your husband. You were most likely the head wedding-planner, which means that for about a year now you've been focused on that one day. Now you have no goal to work toward, and you and your husband seem not to have set long-term goals. Sit down with him (preferably over dinner or another casual situation instead of the classic "we need to talk" posture) and talk about where you want to be as a couple in the next 2, 5, 10 years and beyond. Having these goals to keep in mind will help you feel more grounded in your relationship. It will also prevent you from becoming obsessed with having and raising children. You and your husband need time together before you have children, and giving birth does not solve any problems that you're already facing. Hold off if you can, and never base your worth on your children's accomplishments.

• 4 months later...

You should try a sport you like, exercise, jogging, aerobics, swimming, and keep yourself looking good --- these things keep your self esteem up. Sitting around the house, or working too many hours will both keep you depressed. If you are not in good physical condition now, you can improve slowly and your husband should apprieciate it, but the most important thing is that you DO IT FOR YOU.

You need to get out of a depression, so to help your mind, help your body first, and if you still cant shake it after a month of eating some real food(not snacks and tv dinners) and exercise, than you can try some professional help. the previous reply was right, Some day you might have a teenage daughter that might be depressed herself, what will you tell her?

You need to learn how to help yourself before you can help your children.

-good luck

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I've been married three months, a month of which was spent on honeymoon. Since we got back from the honeymoon I have been really depressed and can't seem to shake it, even though I love my husband. I feel like there are no milestones to look forward to any more, except having a baby, which I know we're not ready for yet. Does anyone have any advice?
:

cry: I think planning a wedding & the honeymoon was your life for quite some time, and now the party has ended. Kinda like hitting a brick wall. Maybe your mother feels the same way; maybe pulling closer together you can both climb out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you need to relax and find peace within yourself. If you had a good honeymoon and love your husband and vice versa, then there is nothing to worry about. Keep communication alive with your husband. And do not fill up your life just by marriage. Look out for other things to broaden your horizons. And believe me, you have lots to look forward to. Good luck!