Good Acne Treatment

ninnin

Well I have ance on my face and I'm willing to do anything to get rid of it. It's not horrible but I would like it gone. I've been useing Proactiv for a while but I don't see the results I want to see. Getting rid of this will surely boost my self-cofidence. The weird thing is I use to have the worse acne of my foreghead but not it's gone. Two years ago it was COVERED! lol But over time (during the summer) it went away and I didn't use anything. Weird?

Anyway, does anyone know good treatments that work.

if your a female, birth control that ortho tri cyclen works. not the LO one! the regular one.

theres cosmedicine:

link removed

that works really good=]

murad also works. you cant use something for too long. proactive never really worked on me. i been pissed the hell off cuz i had flawless skin then i started breaking out once i went off that pill. errr but murad and cosmedicine. the less you put on the better!!

hey i use proactive.

it really cleared my acne up and made my scars look alot lighter. i highly recommend it.

i have been using it since i was 18. i am now almost 22.

i get an occasional blemish here and there but thats because i dont use it every single day sometimes.

oh yea and in about 2 weeks my skin started clearing up alot. people started noticing it as well and complimenting

I'm a guy so birth control may not work lol. I went to the doctor once and he gave me a cream but it made my skin more sensative and caused it to look worse then before.

depending on how bad your acne is, your dermatologist will try to start you off on the least potent drug to minimize the side effects. if you had a bad reaction to it, then you should RETURN to the doctor and the doctor will prescribe you a different medicine. the doctor may also tell you whether you have allergies to that type of drug. in which case, you should make a note of it, so that in the future, you do not get prescribed with any drug containing such a compound.

Well I have ance on my face and I'm willing to do anything to get rid of it. It's not horrible but I would like it gone. I've been useing Proactiv for a while but I don't see the results I want to see. Getting rid of this will surely boost my self-cofidence. The weird thing is I use to have the worse acne of my foreghead but not it's gone. Two years ago it was COVERED! lol But over time (during the summer) it went away and I didn't use anything. Weird?

Anyway, does anyone know good treatments that work.

See a dermatologist.

A good treatment for mild but active and persistent cases is a combination of oral Doxycycline and layering your face with Benzoyl Peroxide @ 2.5%. They have a good deal for BP @ link removed

If you have moderate acne with cysts - those larger lumps that leave scars no matter what you do or don't do with them, you should ask about Accutane. It's a good drug for moderate-severe acne. Ignore the bad press, most of that is sensationalism.

Find a dermatologist you like and keep working with him/her. Everybody is different and a Dr. may need to try several medications before finding one that works for you. Be careful with medications and discuss side effects with your doctor (Doxycycline should not be used for more than 6 months and can cause discoloration of the skin).

Find a dermatologist you like and keep working with him/her. Everybody is different and a Dr. may need to try several medications before finding one that works for you. Be careful with medications and discuss side effects with your doctor (Doxycycline should not be used for more than 6 months and can cause discoloration of the skin).

What? I've been on doxycycline for 2 years with no negative reactions. Don't go making stuff up >: (

hey i use proactive.

it really cleared my acne up and made my scars look alot lighter. i highly recommend it.

i have been using it since i was 18. i am now almost 22.

i get an occasional blemish here and there but thats because i dont use it every single day sometimes.

oh yea and in about 2 weeks my skin started clearing up alot. people started noticing it as well and complimenting

I've been using proativ for a month and seem to be getting nowhere....

What? I've been on doxycycline for 2 years with no negative reactions. Don't go making stuff up >: (

cluelessguy, u really are clueless! there are side effects to doxycycline. just because you haven't had any reaction doesn't mean she's making things up. i donno about the 6 month duration... although that would seem too long for antibiotics. some people can have a photosensitive reaction to tetracyclines (e.g. doxycycline.) (by photosensitive, i mean a rash like reaction to sunlight.)

I have suffered with acne since i was a teenager. It has been awful because I think it has affected so much of my life, my confidence especially with my career. It would come and go, but it got so bad in my early 20s that I decided to use Accutane. Even though they say that it has a lot of side effects, it worked for me and has for so many others dealing with acne. I actually took it twice because years later, my acne came back although not as bad. Now, I am 34 and I only get it in my chin area and sometimes on my cheeks, but Duac (BP + Clincin T) takes care of it. At this point it is hormonal because it acted up again when I was pregnant. Discuss accutane with you doctor, it is the only thing that really works in my opinion.

I've been using proativ for a month and seem to be getting nowhere....

ohh damn really?

do you use it twice a day? and the way the package says?

i guess some people just dont have luck with it.

i know a few other people who used it and all who tried it have very clear skin.

do you get just as many break outs as before? or the occasional 1-2 small pimples now that you used it?

or just completely no progress?

lol, im not trying to endorse the produkt, but it just worked pretty well (ok not perffffectly but i am 95% happy with it) for me and i know what a pain acne can be.

I'm a guy so birth control may not work lol.

shows how friggin' fast people jump on the hormone wagon. he said he got it on his FOREHEAD. even if he was a female the pill helps HORMONAL acne, it won't clear you totally if you have bad acne! grrrrrrrrrr.

ANYWAY, get to a dermatologist and get on ACCUTANE. It will clear you totally & you won't get acne anymore! If not that, then some form of antibiotic might help too.

proactiv, clean & clear, oxy, it's all the same CRAP (different expensive piles) and none of them work unless you have very mild acne.

I was on Accutane twice, back when i was 15 and 17 now 25 and although it did work it has been one of the biggest regrets of my life. Go and do some serious research on this med and all of the side effects. I didn’t have to wear glasses till I started them med's and my eyes get significantly worse every year. I became severely depressed (especially in males) I now have acid reflux and other intestinal problems since after taking the med's you need to ask yourself is which is worse the illness or the cure.

You when you see a commercial for a med and they list the side effects and you say to yourself who would want to take that med well that’s Accutane. Any med that you have to get a blood test once a month is serious stuff. It's like oding on Vitamin A I wish I knew all the side effects when I took it.

If you consider Accutane make sure you know what you are getting into and have a serious talk with your dermatologist that you trust. Take a look at this website

link removed

I was on Accutane twice,

great, a person who like to blame their life problems on a life saving drug.

There is no medical evidence whatsoever that accutane causes psych problems or most of the other things people blame it for. NONE. So basically it's a few people ranting loudly when they can't take responsibility for their lives.

OP, accutane is a miracle drug and will get rid of your acne. Simple as that.

Proactive takes time to work.. It's not a miracle solution that works over night or even within a couple of weeks. i say give it a few more weeks , maybe another month or so to see if it starts making a difference. My bf uses it and its amazing the difference but he was on it for close to 3 months before we started noticing results.

and Catwalk, reactions to Accutane CAN cause those side effects that the other posted listed.. So before you start saying he's blaming his life on this medication maybe you should do some research.

and Catwalk, reactions to Accutane CAN cause those side effects that the other posted listed.. So before you start saying he's blaming his life on this medication maybe you should do some research.

I've done more research than I care to divulge. I'm part of a team that answers questions about accutane, I get about 100 personal emails a week. (No I don't work for any kind of drug company or related biz.)

Accutane isn't to be taken lightly and shouldn't be used by people who are already depressed, although it's known to help depression. All psych side effects have not been proven, all of them combined account for less than 1% of side effects, but they are talked about the MOST. There is no scientific evidence to link any kind of psychological side effects to accutane, but the manufacturers decided to include them in the pamphlets anyway.

Accutane has had over 12 million users, but the 99.9% of people who were happy with it usually don't seek out websites to post on. The people who want to complain, do it loudly, and over shadow the people who's life it helped greatly.

Anyway, this topic was the OP asking how to treat her acne, we've added some suggestions. If you want an accutane debate, bring it on. I've never lost.

Wow, no where did i blame my whole life's problems on accutane. I simple stated the side effects can cause and the ones it had on me, it is a very powerful med that i was on twice first time 30 mg's second time 60 mg's and guess what i still get mild acne. I told the person to be serious about it before they do.

Also I would love to know if you have ever been on Accutane or just answer ?'s from research. Every medication effects everyone in a different way.

great, a person who like to blame their life problems on a life saving drug.

There is no medical evidence whatsoever that accutane causes psych problems or most of the other things people blame it for. NONE. So basically it's a few people ranting loudly when they can't take responsibility for their lives.

OP, accutane is a miracle drug and will get rid of your acne. Simple as that.

I believe that case studies and testing count as "medical evidence".

Just the same as saying that Accutane will definitely give you the problems people are talking about, you can't say that it will not.

Also, you can't question the reliability of evidence concerning medical fact, when you refer to it as a "miracle drug" and claim it will get rid of acne.

Some people are affected, so they are justified in claiming that Accutane's side effects are to blaim for their problems. Some people, especially depression-sufferers, will be susceptible to the psychological ailments sometimes brought about by the drug.

As much as you would like to think you know everything, you unfortunately do not.

I suggest you drop the all-knowing attitude, or someone with medical facts will one day contradict you.

Archived