Is this considered a deal-breaker?

adidas7fire

Mainly, this is a question for the guys out there. Let me paint you the scenario first to give you a good idea of what we're dealing with here before you give your opinion. You're in a relationship with a girl for over three years. You're engaged and the days are nearing to the wedding. Your girl has been hiding the fact that she is obsessed with the fact that she is starting to show signs of cellulite on the back of her thighs and butt.. slightly... you say she's crazy because she looks great but she sees every single flaw and is very critical of herself. She does everything in her power to get rid of the evil that lies beneath as in eating a healthy diet and exercising nonstop... but still, it feels as though nothing is changing.

Now, the question is, with this obsession she has, would you end the relationship due to the fact that she is worried the cellulite will only get worse and you'd leave her in the future because of it? Do guys even look at this AS a deal-breaker? Help me out guys... I fear the worst even though this may be nothing. (Ladies are welcome to answer as well.)

No way. I can guarantee you that if my (now ex) girlfriend came to me with this situation, I wouldn't even consider thinking about breaking up with her over this. I love her, if she decided to have her legs removed - i'd still love her the same.

She is the same person I fell in love with. It will be the same for your man. Good luck.

It's getting close to your wedding, she's going over every detail. She gets out of the shower, looks in the mirror, and....

Not a biggie, loved my wife with every flaw she had, and she, I.

Obsession, maybe, but she wants to look perfect at your wedding...I think this is just natural.

By the way, where can I send the card? LOL!

KG

Please please know that those flaws that plague you do not nearly plague him like they do you.

This is one of the most valuable lessons a woman can learn about herself as it applies to relationships.

Men are nowhere near as picky about us as we are. When a man loves a woman, that kind of stuff is nowhere near as serious as we think ...

And I will tell you that if he DID worry about it, I wouldn't walk down the aisle with him. But my gut tells me he does not care one iota about this stuff.

But if you are stressing about it a lot, I will tell you that this CAN affect him and your relationship. Most men get really stressed out if their girl stresses about superficial things to a large degree. The anxiety about trivial things like this is far more unattractive to a man than a few new cellulite bimples.

There is not much more unattractive about a woman than one who is always complaining or stressing about her appearance. If he loves you, that means he likes the way you look. A man can be insulted by a woman constantly whining about how ugly she is. It tells him that he is stupid for thinking you look good if you constantly say how bad you look.

wellput JadedStar. I have had my days where I don't even think about it but since it was summertime, it has been hard. I mean, I couldn't sit down without looking down and seeing slight ripples on my thighs... made me want to jump right up and start walking. I try to let it go because I know it will become a huge issue in the long run but I guess all I can do is accept it for the moment while trying to eat right and exercise on a daily routine.

Archived