Which job?

Ms_ME

JOB 1: About $1000 a week. Advertising. 20 minutes away to the office. The location varies so its different cities!! Plus my car is a gas guzzler!!!!!!!

JOB 2: Restaurant, server, cashier type thing. Minimum wage. Literally 2 minutes away, a block from my house.

I kind of prefer job 2, but I don't want to miss out on a good job, job 1. (That could be my only problem.)

JOB 1: Walking around a lot, talking to people to convince them to buy a spa package.

JOB 2: Everyone knows this. Sounds like more fun.

Never done either types of jobs.

I'm kind of leaning towards job 2 though.

JOB 1: About $1000 a week. Advertising. 20 minutes away to the office. The location varies so its different cities!! Plus my car is a gas guzzler!!!!!!!

JOB 2: Restaurant, server, cashier type thing. Minimum wage. Literally 2 minutes away, a block from my house.

I kind of prefer job 2, but I don't want to miss out on a good job, job 1. (That could be my only problem.)

JOB 1: Walking around a lot, talking to people to convince them to buy a spa package.

Never done either types of jobs.

I'm kind of leaning towards job 2 though.

Are you thinking of applying or have you been offered both of these jobs?

how old are you and where are you at in life as far as career choices go...

are you furthering your education? in school? out of it? and if so what degree?

not planing on it? then what direction are you wanting your life to take?

the resturant gig is easy and simple...but ends where it begins...the spa thing sounds harder but more rewarding and could end up opening more doors down the road...

the resturant gig is easy and simple...but ends where it begins...the spa thing sounds harder but more rewarding and could end up opening more doors down the road...

See thats what I know. I could have experience for something more and better. The restaurant job basically I can get at any time (like being a server), but its close and they are training. (TOTALLY unxperienced here lol.)

A server job only lasts a couple months if they like you right? I can just move on and do other restaurants because I'll have experience.

As if I get the advertising job, it'll be a lot harder to find another advertising job.

I'm in college right now I just need a side job. Not really needing to make a whole lot.

I did job 2 for a few years part time in high school. It was hard and often not fun. I did sales for awhile right after college - that was fun. While I was in college I tried to do part time jobs that were relevant in some way to my post-college career goals so I avoided waitressing.

JOB 1: I've seen a lot of those job advertisements and they usually are on commission. Location varies and you car is a gas guzzler, so you need to ask yourself "Is the amount of money I have to spend on gas worth it at the end of every week or will I basically be paying for the gas ?" and "Am I willing to travel 20 minutes to a few hours every day?"

JOB 2: The restaurant is minimum wage + some tips at the end of every night so you will be making a bit more money at the end of every pay period. Cost of gas is to a minimum since you can walk there.

JOB 1: I've seen a lot of those job advertisements and they usually are on commission. Location varies and you car is a gas guzzler, so you need to ask yourself "Is the amount of money I have to spend on gas worth it at the end of every week or will I basically be paying for the gas ?" and "Am I willing to travel 20 minutes to a few hours every day?"

JOB 2: The restaurant is minimum wage + some tips at the end of every night so you will be making a bit more money at the end of every pay period. Cost of gas is to a minimum since you can walk there.

thank you this cheered me up.

How in Gods name do you remember what food goes to which table? What drinks goes to which table. Now I worry.

I worked at IHOP when I was 15. It was easy to me and quick money. Waitressing all your money is mostly in tips and I made, maybe $100 a day. I worked mornings on weekdays and on weekends, which is when all the people come. Nights were the worst.

Less people came in then. But then again, IHOP is a mostly breakfast place.

Anyway, you'll know which table the food goes to. All the tables are numbered in a touchscreen computer they have set up. They will teach you that in training. Punching in the food order is pretty simple. You pick the table, pick their food section they ordered from then put in their side dishes. After that, you wait. I remember when I was there, there was a person that the cook past the food to and they called the waiter/waitresses name to pick it up and take it to the table. It's pretty simple once they train. and keep in mind, I'm just sharing my experience working as a waitress. Your restaurant may do things and have things set up completely different.

Hope this helps.

I would imagine that at the very least you will have a pad for orders. If you put the table number on each page of the pad, the table will have the things that go to it. So, you will have your own reference to look at when you need it.

I think overtime you will also develop the skill of just remembering. It's not something you do now, so your brain is not used to doing it. But if you do it alot, you will get better at it. You have no idea of the things you brain is capable of. If you want some excelent examples, go read about how Col. Ed Hubbard learned Spanish. link removed

Archived