guys, maybe you can answer this.

shoegal21

Please, tell me what is so hard about picking up the phone and calling ESPECIALLY (ESPECIALLY) when you say you're going to call OR your asked to call?!?!?!?! Really, what is so hard about it? If you say you're going to DO IT! If you aren't going to then don't say you will. Wouldn't it be an easier "get out of jail free card" if you were too simply say, "ill talk to you later." That way, you aren't saying you're going to call, but that you'll talk to me 'later'! It drives me LOCO! Any explanation gentlemen? Even the ladies? In this case I am speaking of my b/f.

Not just a male problem, shoe, it's a rude human trait. Sure, sometimes things come up and a call is missed ... but as a habit? It just says that you don't care enough about someone to keep a simple promise. Same is true for a friend, g/f b/f, client, etc.

Zack.

Are you talking about not calling at all, or just not the day after maybe? Because some guys will try to play it cool and purposely not call for a couple days(which I'm sure you know) so that the girl doesn't think they're desperate. But if they say they will call and weeks go by without a phone call... I don't know... I'm the kinda guy who will keep his promises so I really don't know what is going through these other guys' heads... maybe they were interested at the time and just lost interest.

Not just a male problem, shoe, it's a rude human trait. Sure, sometimes things come up and a call is missed ... but as a habit? It just says that you don't care enough about someone to keep a simple promise. Same is true for a friend, g/f b/f, client, etc.

Zack.

I very much agree with you that it works both ways. But I, myself make every effort to call when I say that I am going to call. I've found myself in this position time after time in my relationships. I can understand that yes, people do forget from time to time but when it becomes an ongoing issue I can't help but wonder, is it so hard to call? I won't lie, i've said I was going to call; and didnt'. But it's not an ongoing thoughtless thing.

Are you talking about not calling at all, or just not the day after maybe? Because some guys will try to play it cool and purposely not call for a couple days(which I'm sure you know) so that the girl doesn't think they're desperate. But if they say they will call and weeks go by without a phone call... I don't know... I'm the kinda guy who will keep his promises so I really don't know what is going through these other guys' heads... maybe they were interested at the time and just lost interest.

Im talking about boyfriend/girlfriend "not calling" issues. Im not talking, I met you last night so call me.

Im talking about boyfriend/girlfriend "not calling" issues. Im not talking, I met you last night so call me.

I know this is to the guys, but I must ask - so even after your b/f kissing you all those times and saying he was sorry, he said he would call and then just stood you up on it? Doesn't sound like he was all that sincere with his apologies.

I know this is to the guys, but I must ask - so even after your b/f kissing you all those times and saying he was sorry, he said he would call and then just stood you up on it? Doesn't sound like he was all that sincere with his apologies.

Well, we've been fine since last night. He called me this morning. Then we talked a few times when I had first got to work. Then I told him, before we hung up. Call me before you go to work today. He said ok.

ah, well I don;t have a g/f at the moment, but when i do i won't call her every single day and when i do i usually keep it short and simple. But not calling at all? hmmm... beats me. The guy doesn't mind being called every once and awhile also.

But I, myself make every effort to call when I say that I am going to call.

Obviously, that's the decent attitude. I will make an observation though ... that perhaps men place a bit less importance on a phone call. Still doesn't excuse the rudeness though.

Zack.

that perhaps men place a bit less importance on a phone call. Still doesn't excuse the rudeness though.

Zack.

It really seems that way. I have this issue with my boyfriend time after time. And Im NOT one to keeps things in, I'll straight up tell him exactly what I posted here. Why didn't you call? Don't say you're going to call if you aren't. He will either lie, and say he did when I know he didn't. Or he'll say I just didn't. Pretty lame if you ask me.

Please, tell me what is so hard about picking up the phone and calling ESPECIALLY (ESPECIALLY) when you say you're going to call OR your asked to call?!?!?!?! Really, what is so hard about it? If you say you're going to DO IT! If you aren't going to then don't say you will. Wouldn't it be an easier "get out of jail free card" if you were too simply say, "ill talk to you later." That way, you aren't saying you're going to call, but that you'll talk to me 'later'! It drives me LOCO! Any explanation gentlemen? Even the ladies? In this case I am speaking of my b/f.

I concur with what your saying. I cannot seem to understand the logic. I know things come up or people are not in the mood to talk. If that is the case then dont say you'll call.

I think its just a common factor with todays world. Sad huh!?

omg ... tatame .. i was in your thread before ... he dumped you by email???

HA, same thing happened to me after a 3.5 year relationship.

Anyway, um I don't know what is so hard about it. I am guessing he is hanging out with friends and he doesn't want to be on the phone while he is with them. Even if he called just to say he will call you later, would you simply say OK?

My GF said that, but she would always let me have it. What are you doing? What is so much more important than me? Blah blah. He might be thinking there is no such thing as just saying "i'll call you later" click! It isn't that simple in reality

Anyway, um I don't know what is so hard about it. I am guessing he is hanging out with friends and he doesn't want to be on the phone while he is with them. Even if he called just to say he will call you later, would you simply say OK?

I can understand him not wanting to be on the phone while he is with friends, because I myself don't like to do that. I think it's rude. But still If I said I was going to call (with friends or not) I still call, even if it's just a quick hey. And yes, I would be perfectly OK with "ill talk to you later." Cause on occasion he has said that, and there was NO problem.

well, if it was you, i'd call right now. lol.

no, but seriously, i'd call when i said i would or asked. if i was asked, i'd either say yeah i'll call or say maybe because i might be too busy or something. but i would at least say i would try if you asked. it doesn't take much to put aside a couple of minutes to call someone. i absolutely hate being on the phone though. any gf i've had before knows this. so my phone calls are like 3 mins or less. but i still call. i keep my word. but it is true, guys seem to not care as much about 'set times' to make phone calls. i think most guys call when they know it is an important thing going on. like calling before he goes to work...maybe he figures it wasn't important.

I'm one of those people that tends not to return phone calls. I generally just wait to talk to the person until I see them in person or online, or I'll end up calling them back days after they called me because I tend not to check my voicemail. It's because I'm a horrible phone conversationalist.

I'm one of those people that tends not to return phone calls. I generally just wait to talk to the person until I see them in person or online' date=' or I'll end up calling them back days after they called me because I tend not to check my voicemail. It's because I'm a horrible phone conversationalist.[/quote']

but you do this to your bf/gf too?

ok heres my view on that. for me, when i am lectured or constantly asked why i didnt call, it makes me not wanna call even more. But, I agree with you that if someone says they are going to call they should but if its just a few hours and not over night or anything than i think its easy enough to blow off. Its just a call. I see my girl everyday so talking to her all day in my opinion is too much. space needs to be given.

Archived