Just a little tip...

I just thought I wanted to offer some unsolicited advice to those who are going through a break-up or are learning to deal with the fact that someone doesn't want you anymore:

A little story... my neighbor had a dog named Zack who used to sleep on our porch all of the time. In fact, when they decided to put him on a leash (legal reasons, I mean he was too lazy to really go anywhere) they put him on a line that connected between both houses. My mother was allergic to dogs, so everytime she wanted to go out on the porch she'd send me out to shoo him away.

That was tough for me to do because I loved the dog and being only four or five years old at the time, I was the only one who would sit around petting him and rubbing his belly. His original owners were fairly neglectful. They fed him, but that's as far as the care really got. The owner was often away on business, so the only real company Zack got was a little kid who would come out and pet him and be real nice, but then occasionaly would come out to send him away.

We moved the following summer, and with that, the end of the line was moved from our house to a tree in their lawn. Zack would just lie under the tree and would only move to get up and eat. After a while, he didn't even do that, and I guess he died a year or so later. He was an old dog, so I don't think the detatchment is what killed him, but it certainly didn't help.

In short, sometimes the person you want to be with really does want to be with you, but its simply not an option. I was five years old, so I was forced to live with a mother who was allergic to pets. I had to cope with never having a mammal as a pet, and Zack had to cope with me moving away. Zack also had to cope with the fact his owner had a job that kept her away from the house for days on end. We're all tied to houses or trees figuratively. He couldn't help the fact that he was a dog and that there was a law in our neighborhood that made it impossible for him to run freely if he had the desire. And he wasn't in the position to pick a new owner.

You may be a dog, or the other person might be a mutt. You can't help that. You can't help who you are, and you can't help the fact that someone may want to be with you, but at this point in their life they simply cannot do it. Zack's owner couldn't just tell her boss "I'm sorry, I have to quit my job so I can be around my dog more," 'cause she'd lose her house and she'd have no way of feeding him. My mom couldn't learn to not be allergic to dogs, because she was born that way, it was in her genes. And I couldn't not live with my folks because I had no way of surviving on my own at such a tender age.

Zack didn't bark or whine or cut his wrists when people would neglect him. He just found a tree or a porch to give him shade while he slept, waiting for his next meal or his last one.

Don't fall into the "things could be worse trap" because you'll only think of ways things could be better. Find some shade and get some sleep. You probably need it.

interesting...

It's true, sometimes when you look back at what happened in the past, there were many turning points and you made a choice (it could be better or worse if you choose different ways, and you could regret or remorse...) but at that moment, it was the best choice you had...(or you were not given any other options) ...

Archived