i dont know what to do......

ok so heres my situation...

Im 13 years old and my parents own th eir family business. They need help because they just bought a new restaurant so for 6 days a week i work. Everyday after school i come to the place and when i say work its actually tring and stressful work...and on weekends i work from 10:30-9:30. Basically i have no life...i can never go to school dances or over friends houes or just do stuff i would normally do to get away. on top of that ive never had a GF and seeing all my friends around me with one...welli dont wanna say im jealous...but it gets into my head sometimes. I feel lonely all the time and i never know what to do. it keeps building up on me and unfortuanatly the thought of cutting has been into my mind alot more. Ive never thought of suicide...but in the back of my mind its always there. i dont know what to do and i think that i really really need help. I just wanna have the childhood that every normal kid has...but to me thats just a unreachable dream as of right now.....

Nething neone has to say might help.........

I do not think that it is fair... I am very sorry you are going through this... I do believe this happens alot with small family businesses.. What kind of job is it? I dont think you should have to work there until you are at least 16... I dont think alot of teens have jobs until then.. I mean.. younger teens babysit and cuts lawns etc but this is a real job....

I also think they should have ASKED you if you wanted a job... and it should only be a few times a week....

They are going to be upset if you tell them you dont want to work there, or that you only want to work there a few nights a week.. but you have too..... Honestly you do.. at 13 you cant be working like a dog like that.. you need to concentrate on school...

Just do it.. you have to be honest with them...

at 13 I was going to 6pm movie showings with boys and having sleep overs with my girlfriends. that is so awful! God I am so sorry!

I urge you to speak to your parents. Please let them know whats going through your mind, how you feel. If they still do not understand you I urge you to seek counseling somewhere. You do not need your parents to get help for this. Go to your school counselor, or call a hotline. However I hope that when you speak to your parents (you have to be 100% honest) they will realize its not right what they are doing to you.

Do not cut, it does NOT solve anything. Please I beg you to keep strong and just let it all out to those who love you, because they should understand.

Keep us posted and Good luck.

well see the thing is my parent wouldnt take me serious...and i dont really blame them...b ut im still like reall pissed off that i dont have a life at all.....ive tried to explain to my parents in a sort of way but they dont pick up on it. It just seems to be getting worse and worse and its almost to the point where i cant take seeing my friends always doing what normal 13 year olds shold be doing...

And for whoever asked my father owns a restaurant....so i actually cook and make food etc...

well i dont think you're telling your parents seriously. you need to stand up for yourself, sit them down and make them listen and if they still dont listen then yougo to a counselor and tell them what you're going through and you need help. nothing will ever happen if you dont make an intervention.

I am sorry you are going through tough times right now. You also mentioned that you have thought about cutting yourself or maybe even more...I just want to tell you very firmly right now to PLEASE not to do that. The reason why you have the urge to cut yourself is to maybe get attention or divert your pain that your feeling to your wound or cut. This is a very serious problem, you need to tell your mom and dad that you need to talk to them. Let them know that it is a serious matter and set an appointment with them. Don't do this when you are at work, try to arrange it when all of you are at home. I know that this might sound silly or outrageous to you but the reason for this is you want to make sure to make time so that they will really listen. You need to let them know how you are feeling...they probably don't know that they are hurting your feelings bad and that is why they think is ok for you to work long hours.

If that doesn't work, talk to your school counselor about your problem and don't hold your feelings in to yourself. Tell me how it goes...good luck!

well...i talked to my parents and like i thought they didnt take me serious. its not that their bad people, but i dont know...im just really pissed off. The urge to cut for some reason is unbelievable and i have no idea why. Things have been getting worse and worse and i cant take it nemore. now i REALLY dont know what to do, and i dont think i ever will...

you need to go get help from a counselor, someone. if you're not getting through your parents maybe someone else can get to them for you. but you have to get help. im sorry they didnt listen. DO NOT CUT, that will not solve anything and although may trick you into feeling better, it will only make things worse. GET HELP FROM A COUNSELOR, TEACHER, SOMEONE BUT GET HELP IMMIDIATELY.

• 2 weeks later...

listen up my friend....to get through to your parents...stop doing what they want for a bit..let them get mad at you then u can really tell them how you are feeling and why u are not doing what they want...dnt go to work just go straight home...rest....go to a friends house etc etc...yes this may seem like u are being disobedient to your parents but they will realise something is wrong, and also...if u have a family friend(parent or uncle etc) that is close to ur parents then tell them about this...tell them that you feel like cutting urself because u dont no what to do...be honest and dont bottle up one feeling at all....just dont cut urself...ive bin there n dun it....it doesnt help...jst puts in u in hospital very dazed and with less blood in u...also ruins a perfectly good knife with blood stains lol. but honestly...dont do anything silly....if you think about it on a positive note...u wont ever have to look for a job in the future lol. if u need to chat then pm me or email me etc so we can hav a 1 to 1i dnt mind helping people if i can...u r 2 young 2 b going through so much i dnt like it

Hi...

I want you to know something very important.....i can understand that ur life's not going anywhere and at 13 ur stuck doing things u dont like....and that your parents dont take you seriously....but i want u to know something, and not just to make u feel better, its the truth and no matter how much you deny it or ignore it, it will stand as the ultimate truth. I want you to know that you are very very very special...it may seem like a lot of people around you dont care about how u feel, but God loves you beyond what u can imagine. Ur probably thinking if He loves me, then why are things so bad in my life? Well....let me ask u this...when u have children, would you make your children do anything that is against their will? Even though you would want them to listen to you and obey you in important matters, would you want them to come to you on their own or would you rather have them as zombies so they listen to every single thing you say??? If im correct, you would say you would want them to come to u by their own free will....well then, if u being human can want that from ur children, why wouldnt God want that from us? God wants to take care of us and turn our lives around but He wants us to invite him into every area of our life!

Let me tell u something, u are extremely blessed! You are a child of God and you shouldnt think of yourself as anything less, becuz God sure doesnt. Life seems messed up now because your life is lacking the power of God in its fullness. There is no problem in your life that is too big for God to handle.....its His promise that He will never leave you, nor forsake you. (and God doesnt lie)

You may not believe in Jesus and you may not have much of a spiritual life but i ask you once to pray with ur true heart in Jesus name and then go and talk to your parents.

I will be praying for u as well and trust me, you have already received your miracle becuz God is good!

And one more thing, dont ever think of bringing harm to yourself becuz you are someone else's creation and nobody has the right to destory what someone else has created...imagine u putting ur effort and time into creating a painting and someone destroys is....its the same feeling.

Jesus loves u a whole lot and He will bring you ur miracle! Just pray with ur true heart for your parents and yourself. Im praying for u too.

Take care,

- SB